The Global Development Institute offers Distance Learning Leadership Scholarship at the University of Manchester. Applicants must be a national of and resident in a DAC-listed least developed, other low-income or lower-middle income country.
The university main objective of the university is to provide high quality, comprehensive educational and training opportunities that are compatible to changing needs of the students.
The University of Manchester is ranked 33rd in the world by QS World University Rankings 2015-16. The University of Manchester is the largest campus-based undergraduate university in the UK.
The UK’s Home Office requires that every student from outside the UK and the European Union (EU) must show evidence of a minimum level of English language (called B2 level) in order to be grant a UK visa (Tier 4 visa) to study at undergraduate or postgraduate level.
Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue MSc programme.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded for following courses:
- MSc Human Resource Management and Development (International Development) by Distance Learning
- MSc Management and Information Systems (Change and Development) by Distance Learning.
Scholarship Award: The Global Development Institute (GDI) is pleased to announce the availability of a scholarship for overseas applicants, providing a full tuition fee waiver for a student.
Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility: Eligibility for the scholarships is as follows:
- Applicants must already hold an unconditional offer for one of the courses above.
- Applicants must be a national of and resident in a DAC-listed least developed, other low-income or lower-middle income country. The full list of eligible countries can be found below.
- Applicants for international scholarships must not have previously studied in an OECD country.
- Applicants must hold a First Class Honours bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
Nationality: Applicants must be a national of and resident in a DAC-listed least developed, other low-income or lower-middle income country.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must hold a First Class Honours bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
English language Requirements: English language/ Test Requirements:
- IELTS – overall score of 7, including 7 in writing with no further component score below 6.0
- TOEFL IBT – overall score of 100 with 25 in each section.
- TOEFL code for Manchester is 0757
- Scores are valid for 2 years.
- For students who require a Tier 4 visa to study in the UK, their test score is valid for 2 years proceeding the date that their CAS (Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies) is issued. CAS statements will be issued from June-September 2016.
How to Apply: Applicants should email a 500 word statement detailing how they will apply their learning to develop a credible career track into development leadership. Please email statement to: scholarship.seed-at-manchester.ac.uk.
Application Deadline: The closing date for applications for January 2017 will be November 30, 2016.