Applications are invited for Utrecht University Geosciences Scholarships for students who have a highest academic achievement. Scholarships are available to outstanding prospective non-Dutch students who have completed a bachelor’s programme.
The scholarship is designed to make a significant contribution towards the costs of travel and living while studying in Utrecht; however, it will be necessary to find additional funding to completely finance your study and stay in Utrecht.
Utrecht University is a university in Utrecht, the Netherlands. It is one of the oldest universities in the Netherlands and one of the largest in Europe.
Since English is the official language at UCU, applicants are required to demonstrate proof of proficiency.
Applications close: Applications must be received before March 1, 2018, if you are starting in September of the same year. Notification of the scholarship awards is expected eight weeks after closing dates.
Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue Master degree programme.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded within the programmes offered by the Graduate School of Geosciences.
Scholarship Award: 5,000 Euro per year for a maximum duration of two years
Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given.
Scholarship can be taken in the Netherlands
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
The applicant must meet the eligibility criteria in order to be considered for one of these scholarships. The applicant should:
- Hold a non-Dutch passport and not be eligible for support under the Dutch system of study for grants and loans;
- Have been admitted to a Master’s Programme within the Utrecht University Graduate School Geosciences;
- Hold a relevant Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent thereof from a non-Dutch university with a Grade Point Average of 7, 5 or higher according to the Dutch grade system. In the Netherlands grades from 1.0 up to 10.0 are used, with 1 being lowest and 10 the highest. A GPA of 7,5 is (for instance) comparable with at least a 60% in the UK and a B+ (or a 3.3) in the United States.
- Belong to the top 20% of his/her final undergraduate year, as evidenced by a university statement; 5. Be able to comply with the conditions to obtain a Dutch visa (only for students from non-EEA countries).
Non-Dutch students are eligible to apply for this scholarship program.
College Admission Requirement:
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must hold a relevant Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent thereof from a non-Dutch university with a Grade Point Average of 7, 5 or higher according to the Dutch grade system.
English Language Requirements: English Language Requirement: Since English is the official language at UCU, applicants are required to demonstrate proof of proficiency. Accepted are the IELTS test, TOEFL test, Cambridge Certificate:
IELTS Academic: A minimum of 7.0 for all components
TOEFL: Internet-based 100
Selected Master’s students are awarded a scholarship up to a maximum of 5,000 Euro per year, for a maximum duration of two years. In total, this amounts to 10,000 Euro.
How to Apply:
- Include in your application:
- The completed Geosciences Scholarship application form;
- Your bachelor’s thesis or equivalent thereof in English;
- A motivation letter of one page, explaining why this scholarship should be awarded to you.
It is strongly advised to send the scholarship application at the same time as your application for the Master’s Programme. Please send the application form for the Geosciences Scholarship by e-mail put “Application Geosciences Scholarship” in the subject of the e-mail.