With this call, the Ghent University’s Russia Platform invites ambitious researchers to apply for Short-term Fellowship programme for the academic session of 2018. The Russian Platform aims to host three visiting fellows every year.
The aim of the fellowships is to coordinate, facilitate and stimulate cooperation with Russia and knowledge about Russia in the field of education, research and service to society.
Ghent University is a public research university located in Ghent, Belgium. Ghent is one of the largest Flemish universities, consisting of 41,000 students and 9,000 staff members.
Course Level: These fellowships are available to pursue research.
Study Subject: These fellowships are awarded in the following fields:
- 1 scholarship for a research stay at one of the following faculties: Arts & Philosophy, Law & Criminology, Economics & Business Administration, Psychology & Educational Sciences, Political & Social Sciences
- 1 scholarship for a research stay at one of the following faculties: Sciences, Engineering & Architecture, Bioscience Engineering, Medicine & Health Sciences, Veterinary Medicine, Pharmaceutical Sciences
- 1 scholarship for a research stay at any of the faculties above
Scholarship Award: These fellowships will cover the followings:
- These fellowships include a grant of 2000 € for a minimum stay of one month, which is meant to cover (part of the) travel costs, housing and living expenditures. The visiting scholars will be given an office space and access to facilities (such as the library) as a Ghent University visitor.
Number of Scholarships: Three fellowships are available.
Scholarship can be taken in Belgium
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- The Russian Platform Fellowships are geared towards scholars who have earned their doctoral degree and who are affiliated with a Russia based higher education or research institution.
Nationality: Russian applicants are eligible for these fellowships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have doctoral degree.
English Language Requirement: Applicants must have an excellent command of English.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply via email.
- Personal information
- A cover letter, in which you indicate the mobility period and the research group you would like to be affiliated with and in which you motivate how your current and future research would benefit from a research stay at Ghent University
- A research plan (research objectives, methods and materials, a work plan for the intended visit, possible long-term cooperation plans, bibliography, …) of max. 2500 words
- A list of your five most important publications and a 250 words explanation for each of those publications why you consider them your most important publications
- Your signature and the signature of the UGent promotor
- Your CV (max 2 pages) in annexe to the application form
Application Deadline: The application deadline is November 30, 2017.