Applications are invited for Summer Research Fellowship Programme (SRFP) which is supported by the Department of Science & Technology (fifty fellowships), the Rajiv Gandhi Institute for Contemporary Studies (fifteen) and the rest by the JNCASR for the year 2018. Summer Research Fellowship Programme is open to Indian citizens.
This programme has proved to be popular and competitive; each year, about 2000 students from all over India apply for the 50-60-80 fellowships awarded.
The aim of the programme is to make this globally visible by making it accessible to student in the developing countries of South Asia and Africa, the Third World Academy of Sciences-Regional Office for Central and South Asia and JNCASR have come together to expose these young undergraduates to the research culture in advanced areas of science and engineering by working with peers in many institutions within the country.
- Application deadline: November 30, 2017
- Course Level: Fellowship is awarded for pursuing two months research programme.
- Study Subject: Fellowships are available exclusively in following areas of Research: Life Sciences: Infectious and non-infectious diseases, bioinformatics, developmental biology, biochemistry, molecular biology, immunology, genetics, life-history evolution, circadian biology, animal behaviour, behavioural ecology, evolutionary genetics, experimental evolution, population dynamics, phylogeography, neurophysiology, behavioural neurobiology and behavioural genetics. Materials Sciences: Nano sciences, energy and green materials. Chemical Sciences: Solid state chemistry, theoretical and computational chemistry, organic, physical and inorganic chemistry, organic and asymmetric synthesis, medicinal and bio-organic chemistry, polymer chemistry, supramolecular chemistry and chemistry of nanomaterials. Physical Sciences: Condensed matter theory and experiment, statistical physics, semiconductor materials physics, biophysics, nano physics, organic electronics, computational materials science, soft matter, semiconductor interfaces, heterostructures, physical metallurgy and transmission electron microscopy. Engineering Sciences: Computational fluid dynamics using mesoscopic simulation techniques, Dynamics and rheology of complex microstructured fluids including suspensions, emulsions and polymer solutions, Flow of granular media, Active matter, Hydrodynamic stability of Newtonian and viscoelastic fluids, High Reynolds number flows and turbulence, Non-linear dynamics and chaos, vortex dynamics.
- Scholarship Award: Applicants are paid travel expenses and a monthly stipend of Rs. 6000.
- Number of Scholarships: This programme has proved to be popular and competitive; each year, about 2000 students from all over India apply for the 50-60-80 fellowships awarded.
- Nationality: India
- Scholarship can be taken in India
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: Summer Research Fellowship Programme is open for Indian citizens.
- Entrance Requirements: Applicants should meet the minimum academic requirements for applying:
- Students who have secured not less than 80% in Maths and Science subjects in their 10th and 12th standard or equivalent examinations, and not less than first class in graduation and post graduation (if applicable).
- Students presently studying in I and II year of B.Sc., II, III & IV year of B.S., I, II & III year of B.E. /B.Tech., I year of M.Sc., and I-IV year of Integrated M.Sc. can apply for Life Sciences.
- Students presently studying in II & III year of B.Sc., II, III & IV year B.S., II, III & IV year of B.E/B.Tech., I year of M.Sc. and II-IV year of Integrated M.Sc. can apply for Physical Sciences, Engineering Sciences and Mathematics.
- Students presently IV year of BS-MS, I year of M.Sc. and IV year of Int. M.Sc. can apply for Materials Sciences and Chemical Sciences.
Applications should be send by post.
How to Apply: Please ensure that applicants completed application includes:
- Two confidential reports sealed by the referee and with the referees’ signatures across the seals.
- Attested Xerox copies of relevant mark sheets etc.
- Students who have already completed this programme earlier need not apply.
- Your “Area of Research” on the left hand top corner of the mailing envelope.
- Mere application to this programme does not warrant selection.