The Higher Education Authority (HEA), Ireland has launched new International Academic Mobility Programme. The scheme will provide €500,000 to promote collaboration between Ireland and their global partners.
The Higher Education Authority (HEA) is the statutory planning and policy development body for higher education and research in Ireland.
Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
Course Level: The purpose of the funding is to support activities that will have and/or will lead to a collaborative activity rather than an exercise that might be described as part of a more traditional continuing professional development process. Possible types of activity (list not exhaustive) include projects that might lead to:
- Preparation of a joint teaching programme;
- Shared exploration on innovative approaches to inter alia
- A teaching pedagogy, student support activity, internationalisation of curricula, digital education and delivery;
- Development of new student mobilities streams outward and inward;
- The exploration of new inter-institutional partnerships with individual countries;
- The advancement of a research concept to the application of funding stage.
Scholarship Award: The programme will provide €500,000. Examples of what this new programme will fund –
- An Irish academic (or a team of academics) spending time in an overseas university, working with academics from that organisation on a joint project. This fund provides the travel and individual support to facilitate this.
- Development of new student exchange programmes between domestic and overseas universities.
- Development and testing of innovative approaches to teaching, student supports, internationalisation of curricula etc. facilitated through joint discussions (between Irish and overseas universities)
Scholarship can be taken in Ireland
Eligibility: This fund will be open to eligible categories of staff in eligible institutions, engaging in eligible activities with partners ineligible destinations, to support activities that will have and/or will lead to a collaborative activity in high potential markets.
Nationality: Citizens of all nationalities are eligible to apply.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have previous degree.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirement: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: Completed applications, signed by the Institution legal representative i.e. Head of Institution, Head of International Education or Registrar, should be emailed directly to Goistaffmobility-at-hea.ie. See the Guidelines for Applicants 2017-2018 for information on how to use the PDF application form process.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is November 10, 2017.