The Scholarships in Climate Action are being offered as part of the Government of Malta’s commitment under the Climate Finance Package to provide support for capacity building in developing States.
The Course shall be open to applicants in possession of a first cycle degree in a discipline related to Sustainable Development or in any other area of study which the Board considers as appropriate, obtained in the ten years previous to registration for the Course.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for the postgraduate degree programme.
Study Subject: Scholarships are available in Climate Action. Each scholarship will focus on one of the three key areas recognised as essential pathways for ensuring effective climate action on a national level.
- Mitigation of climate change and the development of a low carbon economy
- Identifying risks and vulnerability to adapt to climate change and enhance resilience
- Good governance of climate change.
Number of Awards: Not Known
Scholarship Award: Funding will cover
- Payment of the University of Malta Tuition Fees and/or Enrolment fee.
- Health Insurance to cover a premium up to a maximum of EUR 500 per year. Students will be guided on this and other arrangements upon arrival.
- Reimbursement for visa expenses amounting to 60 eur.
- A monthly subsistence allowance amounting to EUR 750 per month to be used towards accommodation, living, transport, academic expenses and any other expenses that may arise. Students will receive this monthly allowance for a maximum and continued duration of 16 months. The study programme must be completed on a full-time basis within the same time-frame.
- One return journey to the home country the cost of which is capped at 1000 euro. Any additional trips or travel costs higher than this amount will have to be covered by the student. The scholarship holders will be requested to attend the Orientation Programme that is organised for all new international students joining the University of Malta. This will be held towards the end of September 2017.
Scholarship can be taken in Malta
Eligibility: The Course shall be open to applicants in possession of a first cycle degree in a discipline related to Sustainable Development or in any other area of study which the Board considers as appropriate, obtained in the ten years previous to registration for the Course. Applicants may be asked to demonstrate competence in those skills required by the nature of the proposed research via an extended interview and the submission of appropriate documentation, provided that where deficiencies are identified applicants shall be required to take specific study-units intended to compensate for the deficit.
- Applications should demonstrate a clear intention of returning to their home country at the end of their studies in Malta.
- Applicants are requested to pay the application fee to the University of Malta in order for their application to be considered.
- Applicants who wish to be considered for the scholarship are required to present a letter of motivation and three letters of reference.
- Applicants for other courses will not be considered for these scholarships. Students who are accepted for the scholarship will not be allowed to shift their research to a different area of study other than that specified in the current call.
Nationality: Applicants from Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Andorra, Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia Bosnia and Herzegovina Botswana Brazil Brunei Darussalam Burkina Faso Burundi Cambodia Cabo Verde Cameroon Central African Republic Chad Chile China Colombia Comoros Congo Cook Islands Costa Rica Cuba Côte d’Ivoire Democratic People’s Republic of Korea Democratic Republic of the Congo Djibouti Dominica Dominican Republic Ecuador Egypt El Salvador Equatorial Guinea Eritrea, Ethiopia Fiji Gabon Gambia Georgia Ghana Grenada Guatemala Guinea Guinea-Bissau Guyana Haiti Honduras India Indonesia Iran (Islamic Republic of) Iraq Israel Jamaica Jordan Kazakhstan Kenya Kiribati Kuwait Kyrgyzstan Lao People’s Democratic Republic Lebanon Lesotho Liberia Libya Madagascar Malawi Malaysia Maldives Mali Marshall Islands Mauritania Mauritius Mexico Micronesia (Federated States of) Mongolia Montenegro Morocco Mozambique Myanmar Namibia Nauru Nepal Nicaragua Niger Nigeria Niue Oman Pakistan Palau Palestine Panama Papua New Guinea Paraguay Peru Philippines Qatar Republic of Korea Republic of Moldova Rwanda Saint Kitts and Nevis Saint Lucia Saint Vincent and the Grenadines Samoa San Marino Sao Tome and Principe Saudi Arabia Senegal Serbia Seychelles Sierra Leone Singapore Solomon Islands Somalia South Africa South Sudan Sri Lanka Sudan Suriname Swaziland Syrian Arab Republic Tajikistan Thailand The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia Timor-Leste Togo Tonga Trinidad and Tobago Tunisia Turkmenistan Tuvalu Uganda United Arab Emirates United Republic of Tanzania Uruguay Uzbekistan ** Vanuatu Venezuela (Bolivarian Republic of) Viet Nam Yemen Zambia Zimbabwe can apply.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: The Course shall be open to applicants in possession of a first cycle degree in a discipline related to Sustainable Development or in any other area of study which the Board considers as appropriate, obtained in the ten years previous to registration for the Course.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirements: Applicants are required to present an internationally recognized English Language proficiency Certificate at the required level.
How to Apply: Applicants need to have submitted their application online and provided copies of their academic qualifications and all other requested documentation to the University of Malta.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is May 5, 2017.