Graça Machel Scholarships for Women from SADC Countries in South Africa, 2014
In partnership with the Graça Machel Trust, Canon Collins Trust invites applications for scholarships for women from SADC countries. These scholarships are awarded for pursuing postgraduate studies at a South African university in 2014. These scholarships will cover full tuition and provide stipend, mentoring and other support for Honors up to one year, for master’s up to two years and up to three years for PhD study in South Africa. Applications should be submitted online till 4th August 2013.
Study Subject(s): Scholarships are awarded for pursuing any one of the courses offered by the South African universities.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing postgraduate degree at a South African university.
Scholarship Provider: This scholarship is generously funded by The Sol Plaatjie Trust, MacSteel International and others.
Scholarship can be taken at: South Africa
Eligibility: To apply for a scholarship under this programme you must be:
-A national of and normally resident in one of the SADC countries: Angola, Botswana, DRC, Lesotho, Madagascar, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania, Zambia, Zimbabwe
-In possession of a good first degree (minimum second class, upper division or equivalent) or about to graduate in the year of application
-Studying or applying to study at a South African university.
Scholarship Open for International Students: Students of Angola, Botswana, DRC, Lesotho, Madagascar, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania, Zambia and Zimbabwe can apply for these scholarships.
Scholarship Description: Canon Collins Trust invites applications for the Graça Machel scholarships for women, for postgraduate study in South Africa in 2014. We will provide funding for up to a maximum of one year for Honors, two years for Master’s and three years for PhD. Continued funding will depend on satisfactory progress and academic reports.
Number of award(s): There is no set number. The Trust makes awards on the basis of available funding and suitable applicants. It is, however, highly competitive. They make awards to less than 5% of those who apply.
Duration of award(s): Funding for up to a maximum of one year for Honors, two years for Master’s and three years for PhD will be provided.
What does it cover? Full tuition, stipend, mentoring and other support for Honors, master’s and PhD study at South African universities.
Selection Criteria: Applicants for all schemes within the 2014 SA Scholarship Programme will be assessed on the basis of the information that they supply on their application form against the criteria outlined below:
1. Academic Record and References: Applicants should have a minimum of an upper second-class (merit) undergraduate or Honours degree and excellent references. Applicants with a first class degree will have a distinct advantage.
2. Relevance: They favour applicants who are able to articulate how their course of study is relevant to the development needs of southern Africa. We favour applicants who can describe why their chosen institution and course choice fits with their ambitions to make a difference in the sector.
3. Work Experience: They favour applications where there is a demonstrable continuity between applicant’s past study and career and their proposed course of study.
4. Leadership Competencies: Canon Collins places a great deal of emphasis upon the leadership potential of individuals. Applicants are expected to demonstrate how they have developed their leadership skills in the workplace, academia or in their personal life.
5. Commitment to Country/Community: They will favour applicants who most clearly show a desire to be part of and to contribute to the future prosperity of southern Africa.
Notification: The trust will be interviewing shortlisted applicants by telephone in October 2013. We will let you know the outcome of your application in November 2013.
How to Apply: The mode of applying is online.
Scholarship Application Deadline: Applications will close on 4th August 2013 for study commencing in 2014.
Important: Scholarship-Positions.com is not responsible for the content of any external websites linked to or referenced on this site.
- Africa Scholarships
- Australia Scholarships
- Austria Scholarships
- Belgium Scholarships
- Canada Scholarships
- China Scholarships
- Denmark Scholarships
- France Scholarships
- Germany Scholarships
- Germany Postdoctoral
- India Scholarships
- Iran Scholarships
- Italy Scholarships
- Japan Scholarships
- New Zealand
Take a leap in to successful career by taking free online courses from world's top colleges and universities.