The Hans Bockler Foundation invites applications for PhD Scholarships from doctoral applicants who are enrolled at German institutions of higher education, also in programmes such as graduate schools or junior researcher groups. These scholarships are awarded in any discipline.
The aim of the scholarships is to enable applicants to embark on an independent career in academic stroke research.
The Hans Böckler Foundation is the Institute of the German Federation of Trade Unions (DGB) to promote research and studies.
Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue PhD programme.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in any discipline.
Scholarship Award: These scholarships will cover the followings:
- Doctoral students currently receive a grant of EUR 1,350 per month, plus a research cost allowance of EUR 100
- Stays abroad may be financed by means of a foreign residence allowance and contributions to travel costs and tuition fees.
- Non-material support in the form of seminars, events, networking meetings etc.
Number of Scholarships: About hundred scholarships per year are available.
Scholarship can be taken in Germany
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Doctoral candidates in any discipline who are enrolled at German institutions of higher education, also in programmes such as graduate schools or junior researcher groups.
Nationality: German applicants can apply for these scholarships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have previous year degree.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply by post.
- Formless application for a doctorate scholarship with a well-rounded presentation of the motivation for the doctorate and the motivation for the application at the Hans Böckler Foundation
- Application form (filled out and printed on the computer, no notes!)
- CV, tabular and detailed
- certified examination certificate, which is entitled to a doctorate (a certificate and simple copies)
- Description of the project (outline) with work schedule, schedule and outline (max. Ten pages)
- Opinion of the scientific supervisor (an original with signature and copies)
- The supervisor is asked to compile her opinion along our questionnaire and to take note of the “Agreement on a good practice of promotion of doctorates”.
- In the case of applications for a doctoral dissertation funded by the Hans-Böckler-Foundation and correspondingly written out, the report is prepared by the supervisors of the College
- Enrollment certificate or admission if available
Application Deadline: The application deadlines are February 1, June 1and October 1 of every year.