Heidelberg Alumni U.S. (HAUS) is inviting applications from a qualified student from a United States university planning to study at Universität Heidelberg. The scholarship is available to pursue bachelor and master degree programme.
Universität Heidelberg is consistently ranked as one of the best universities in Germany and one of the top rated institutions of higher education and research in the world. It has been distinguished twice as an elite university in the framework of the German Excellence Initiative. Universität Heidelberg is a research university with a wide range of study programs and a strong international orientation: about one-fifth of the universities 30,000 students and one-third of its doctoral candidates are foreign nationals.
Course Level: Scholarship is available to pursue bachelor and master degree programme.
Study Subject: Scholarship is awarded to learn any of the courses offered by the university
Scholarship Award: The scholarship award is $5,000 per semester for Master’s program students and $3,000 for Bachelor’s program students for the winter semester 2017/2018.
Number of Scholarships: One scholarship is available.
Scholarship can be taken in Germany
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Undergraduate or Master’s program student at an institution of higher education in the U.S.
- United States residency
- Acceptance as student at Universität Heidelberg (proof can be submitted at a later time)
Nationality: Students from USA are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Undergraduate or Master’s program student at an institution of higher education in the U.S.
English language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: Please mail the completed application with all attachments to info[at]HeidelbergUniversity.org by 30 June 2017.
- Complete the HAUS Scholarship application form in its entirety
- Submit an essay (500-600 words) describing
- your interest in and qualifications for the scholarship,
- why you would like to study at Heidelberg University,
- your study proposal,
- your role as HAUS Ambassador.
- Submit your latest transcript (electronically)
- Submit a recommendation letter by one of your professors
- Submit a CV
- Submit proof of U.S. residency (copy of driver’s license, utility bill, or U.S. passport, etc.)
Application Deadline: Scholarship application deadline is June 30, 2017.