The Heinrich-Böll-Stiftung Foundation invites European and US applicants for Foreign and Security Policy Fellowship. These fellowships are provided to journalist for pursuing research in the USA and Europe.
Journalists interested in applying for a media fellowship in this category should aim to contribute to a nuanced discussion on the future of transatlantic relations, particularly in the area of international security.
The Heinrich-Böll-Stiftung is a political foundation affiliated with the German Green Party. Hbs seeks to advance democracy and human rights, protect the environment and climate, and promote the peaceful resolution of conflicts
Course Level: The fellowship is available for pursuing research.
Study Subject: The fellowship is awarded in the field of journalism.
Scholarship Award: Foundation will offer an honorarium of $3500 partially paid in advance to cover all costs related to the project (travel, accommodation and board) and partially paid after completion of the reporting.
Numbers of Scholarships: Not known
Scholarship can be taken in Europe and USA
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following area for the scholarship:
- Be based in the US and demonstrate a strong motivation for engaging in research and reporting in the European Union and/or Turkey.
- Be based in an EU member state and demonstrate a strong motivation for engaging in research and reporting in the US.
Nationality: European and US applicants are eligible for the fellowship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must be journalists.
English Language Requirement: Applicants must meet the necessary language proficiency requirements of the host institution
How to Apply: Applicants can apply through online mode.
- Resume: Please use a standard U.S. format. This means no picture, date of birth, marital or familial status, etc.
- Cover Letter: A one-page document laying out your qualifications and experience.
- Proposal: Please include the following three sections:
- Story proposals: please include a short description of each story you plan to cover (about 200 words each). You do not need to have interviews confirmed, but you should indicate whom you plan to contact. Please also specify the language of publication, medium, audience, plans for publication, and whether you are able to translate stories into English or German if this is not the language of publication.
- Travel Itinerary: please outline your dates of travel, destinations, and possible interviews in each location. Travel should be for 5 days and must be completed by September 30, 2017.
- Social Media Engagement: briefly explain how you plan to engage with HBS North America in the course of your fellowship.
- Work samples: please submit two work samples. If your previous work is not in English, German, Spanish, or French, please provide a brief summary of each of your work samples
Application Deadline: The application deadline is June 2, 2017.