Health Economics PhD Opportunites, Centre for Health Economics, Monash University, Australia
The Centre for Health Economics at Monash University is pleased to invite application from suitably qualified individuals to undertakwe a PhD in health economics.
Full scholarships are available (for both Australian and international students), as is the possibility of Research Assistant work and Teaching to top up any funding, all subject to eligibility requirements.
PhDs are offered in any area of health economics.
Of specific (but not exclusive) interest are:
• Measurement of quality of life and social objectives for economic evaluation
• Trial-based economic evaluation of sleep health interventions
• Econometric study of hospital emergency care in Australia
• Drug price bargaining in Australia
• Supply of dental services in Australia
• Substance use, mental health and health service utilisation: an econometric study
To be considered for a scholarship the following are essential requirments:
• A first class (H1 equivalent) Bachelor’s degree in economics or closely related subject (mathematics, statistics, other social science subjects such as psychology: medically qualified individuals will also be considered);
• Strong quantitative, analyical and writing skills.
It is also desirable that a candidate has the following:
• Master’s degree (or equivalent) in an area relevant to health economics;
• Work experience in health economics;
• Demonstrated interest in health economics and/or public health;
• Relevant academic publications.
The Centre for Health Economics has been at the forefront of health economics research and teaching in Australia for more than 15years. As the largest concentration of senior health economists in Australi, it has a strong track record of health economics research, teaching and community service. The Centre has aclose research links to the Departments of Econometrics, Economics and Epidemiology and Preventative Medicine and co-supervision is possible.
The Centre also has excellent international links and a growing PhD program with superb dedicated facilities.
Further details of how to apply can be found at http://www.monash.edu/study/research/ All interested individuals are first asked to make contact with Dr Paula Lorgelly, HDR Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org When doing so, please identify if you wish to be considered for one of the specific topics listed above.
The deadline to be considered for a scholarship is the 31st of October 2010.
Dr Paula Lorgelly
Senior Research Fellow
Centre for Health Economics
Clayton VIC 3800
Important: Scholarship-Positions.com is not responsible for the content of any external websites linked to or referenced on this site.
- Africa Scholarships
- Australia Scholarships
- Austria Scholarships
- Belgium Scholarships
- Canada Scholarships
- China Scholarships
- Denmark Scholarships
- France Scholarships
- Germany Scholarships
- Germany Postdoctoral
- India Scholarships
- Iran Scholarships
- Italy Scholarships
- Japan Scholarships
- New Zealand
Take a leap in to successful career by taking free online courses from world's top colleges and universities.