The Health Systems Global (HSG) is inviting applications for Media Fellowships Programme. Fellowships are open to journalists undertaking cutting edge news and reporting on health systems and health policy topics across the world.
This is an opportunity for journalists to engage and build relationships within the community and report on some of the biggest issues and challenges facing the global community in a rapidly changing world.
HSG is the first international membership organization fully dedicated to promoting health systems research and knowledge translation.
Course Level: Fellowships are available to journalists undertaking cutting edge news and reporting on health systems and health policy topics across the world.
Study Subject: Fellowships are awarded in the field of journalism.
Scholarship Award: The Fellowship will include:
- Certificate and citation from Health Systems Global
- Profiling on Health Systems Global website and social media
- Full access and support to participate in the Global Symposium in Liverpool in September 2018, including satellite and skills sessions (flights, accommodation and subsistence for five days)
- Opportunity to interview leading thinkers/actors within health systems
- Full membership of Health Systems Global for 1 year
- The chance to win the inaugural Health Systems Global Media Prize for their feature piece.
Number of Scholarships: There are six fellowships available.
Scholarship can be taken in: This will be open to six professional journalists working for outlets based in different countries, in each of the six World Health Organization regions (one from each region will be selected): Africa, The Americas, South-East Asia, Europe, Eastern Mediterranean and Western Pacific
Eligibility: Health Systems Global will accept applications from:
- Print journalists – Newspaper/magazine (to submit at least 3 pieces from recognised media outlet with applicant by-line on the article)
- Broadcast journalists and film-makers (to submit at least 3 audio or video files of broadcast programmes)
- Freelance journalists (to submit at least 3 pieces from recognised media outlet with applicant byline on the article or audio or video files of three broadcast programmes)
- eNews journalists (official news website); (to submit at least 3 pieces from the recognised media outlet with applicant byline on the article).
Nationality: Applicants from all around the world are eligible to apply.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have previous degree.
How to Apply: If you wish to apply for the HSG Media Fellowship, please submit your application.
Application Deadline: The deadline for applications is September 30, 2017.