Applications are invited from outstanding Pakistani/AJK nationals for the award of scholarships for higher studies leading to PhD. The scholarships will be awarded for fall 2010 session in HEC identified world top ranked discipline wise Universities of the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Japan, Singapore etc
• To create a critical mass of highly qualified Engineer, Technologists, and Scientists Manpower in high-tech fields
• To build up the capacity of Universities, Research & Development Organizations and Industries in Pakistan through addition of PhD’s in priority fields.
• Considerable intellectual activity is expected to be generated through this scheme as groups of scientists, technologists and social scientist would be engaged in publishing their research work. It is expected that good number of papers/studies could be produced annually. The scheme would provide our system an impetus for an out-put and productivity. Major organizations & universities would be increasing their R&D by absorbing specialized trained manpower. A number of new R&D Projects having economic returns can thus be launched.
• The current scheme would supplement HEC efforts for provision of adequate number of trained PhD manpower, to support technology upgrading, develop high standards of Science & Technology, Humanities and Business education/training in Pakistan and to meet the challenging needs of Pakistan’s economy.
1. Candidates must have a minimum qualification of MSc., MA, MBA, MBBS or equivalent (a total of 16 years education).
2. A maximum of two second-division passes throughout the academic career.
3. Not less than 50% marks throughout the academic career.
4. Maximum age on Tuesday June 15, 2010:
a. 40 years for full time regular faculty members of public sector Universities/Colleges and employees of the public sector R & D organizations.
b. 35 years for all others.
5. Applicants must have already secured admission into a PhD program or Master’s leading to a PhD in the specified disciplines in the HEC identified world top ranked discipline wise Universities. The list of these universities & disciplines is available at HEC website
6. Applicants who are applying for Medical Sciences, Social Sciences and Arts & Humanities need to have minimum cumulative 50% academic marks as per HEC Academic Evaluation Formula (HEC-AEF). The HEC-AEF is available at HEC website.
7. Applicants who are applying for Business Education must submit GRE/GMAT score. GRE score should be sent directly through ETS to HEC using the institution code GI 9054
8. Application processing fee of Rs 500/- in favor of HEC will be deposited at any of the Habib Bank Limited branches in Pakistan. Remittance application can be downloaded from HEC web site (http://app.hec.gov.pk/remapp/apl_form.asp). Original deposit receipt will be attached with the application.
9. The students already registered/enrolled for programs leading to PhD or PhD in HEC identified institutions abroad may also apply.
10. The candidates who are already availing any other scholarship offer are NOT eligible to apply.
Prescribed application form will be submitted along with the following documents within the closing date of application i.e. Tuesday June 15, 2010.
1. Original Deposit slip
2. Photocopy of CNIC
3. Photocopies of all educational testimonials.
5. Attested photocopy of GRE/GMAT score. GRE score report in original must also reach HEC by Tuesday June 15, 2010 directly through ETS, USA to Institution code GI 9054.
6. Photocopy of confirmed admission for PhD or Master’s leading to PhD Program at one of the HEC identified universities (list is available at HEC web site).
7. Statement of Purpose (One page)
8. Research Proposal
9. NOC from the employer (only for Government employees)