The Hermann Paul School of Linguistics at the University of Basel (Switzerland) and the Albert-Ludwigs-University of Freiburg (Germany) is offering one scholarship for a PhD candidate in Basel, starting between June 1st and August 1st, 2018.
The Hermann Paul School of Linguistics Basel-Freiburg (HPSL) provides an international and interdisciplinary program in state-of-the-art research in language sciences.
Application Deadline: February 11, 2018
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing doctoral programme.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in the field of Linguistics.
Scholarship Award: The doctoral program is international and cross-university: As a doctoral student, you are part of a vibrant and active scientific community on the Upper Rhine. The scholarships are based in Basel on the approaches of the Swiss National Science Foundation (SNSF). Scholarships are initially awarded for one year and can be extended by up to two years if the project is successfully completed. The doctorate can be completed in the subjects general linguistics, German linguistics, French linguistics, Italian linguistics and linguistics of English.
Number of Scholarships: Not Known
Scholarship can be taken in Switzerland
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: Citizen of Switzerland are eligible to apply.
Entrance Requirements: Requirement for the application is a good to a very good degree (MA or equivalent, minimum grade 5.0 according to the Swiss grading system) with a linguistic orientation. As part of an international community, your PhD project should constructively enrich our research landscape. The scholarships will be awarded on the basis of your exposé on your research interests and your planned doctoral project. Applications without a meaningful synopsis cannot be considered. Before applying, please inform yourself about the main research areas at the HPSL and contact the desired first supervisor before applying
English Language Requirements:
Please submit the following documents in electronic form:
- Letter of motivation
- Meaningful exposé to the doctoral project
- Certificates (in Basel entitle only the grades “good” or “very good” for doctoral studies) in copy
- Typography (linguistic seminar or thesis)
- A report from a professor, a junior professor, a lecturer or another person with a doctoral right and another reference address. Appraisals must be submitted by the assessor by post (address: Dr Philipp Dankel, HPSL Basel, c / o English Seminar, Nadelberg 6, CH-4051 Basel).
- If available: confirmation of internships, language skills or conference participation
How to Apply:
Students can start the electronic application process on the HPSL homepage.