Hoover Chair of Economic and Social Ethics is offering fellowships for scholars from outside Belgium, who hold a doctorate or possess equivalent qualifications and are active in the field of economic or social ethics. Fellowships will be awarded to scholars wishing to spend part of the academic year 2017-18 at Louvain’s Hoover Chair of Economic and Social Ethics (Louvain-la-Neuve, Belgium).
Course Level: Fellowships are available for research program.
Study Subject: Fellowships are awarded in Economic and Social Ethics.
Scholarship Award: One full Hoover fellowship is of EUR 2000 per month (plus social security contributions) for a duration of three months;
-Several honorary Hoover fellowships for a duration of one to six months with a contribution to housing and travelling costs of up to EUR 500 per month.
Scholarship can be taken in Belgium
Eligibility: Candidates must be scholars from outside Belgium, who hold a doctorate or possess equivalent qualifications and are active in the field of economic or social ethics broadly conceived. Candidates for a full fellowship must have no professional income from other sources in the period concerned. Proficiency in either English or French is required, and at least a passive knowledge of both is desirable.
Nationality: International students can apply for these Hoover fellowships.
How to Apply: Applications must reach Thérèse Davio by e-mail no later than February 28 2017.
They must include
- A letter (in French or English) stating briefly.
- Your current research interests, and in particular what you intend working on during your stay.
- Your linguistic abilities.
- Your preferences as to the length and timing of your stay (between September and May).
- The names, institutions, positions and e-mail addresses of at least two referees to whom a reference letter could be asked if we find it necessary;
a detailed Curriculum Vitae.
Scholarship Application Deadline: The application deadline is February 28 2017.