Human Rights Advocates Program 2010, USA
Job Description:Human Rights Advocates Program (HRAP) is a unique and successful model of human rights capacity building. HRAP capitalizes on its affiliation with Columbia University and its location in New York City to provide grassroots leaders the tools, knowledge, access, and networks to promote the realization of human rights and strengthen their respective organizations. The 2011 HRAP will begin in the latter half of August and run until mid-December 2011.
HRAP focuses both on strengthening the skills of the individual Advocates and providing the tools for them to build sustainable organizations that advocate for disadvantaged peoples.
To meet HRAP’s goals, Advocates are expected to participate fully in the programme including:
* Skills workshops on advocacy planning and strategies, fundraising, press and media, and building sustainable organizations;
* Columbia University courses on human rights, public health, the environment, development, and labor rights;
* Meetings and networking opportunities with NGO staff, activists, policymakers, representatives of international institutions, and academics.
* Lawyers, journalists, doctors, teachers, social workers, community organizers, and other human rights activists working with NGOs on issues including sexual and gender-based violence, domestic violence, minority rights, LGBT rights, labor rights, migration, health, social exclusion, environmental justice, and corporate social accountability can apply to participate in the program;
* Applicants should be actively working at the grassroots-level;
* Applicants should be endorsed by their organizations and they should commit themselves to return back to their organization after the end of the program;
* Preference will be given to those who did not have any previous opportunity to travel and study abroad;
* Full-time students or government officials will not be considered.
Selected participants will receive full fellowships covering travel and accommodation for the program.
All interested applicants should apply via the online application system.
Application Deadline 19November2010
Important: Scholarship-Positions.com is not responsible for the content of any external websites linked to or referenced on this site.
- Africa Scholarships
- Australia Scholarships
- Austria Scholarships
- Belgium Scholarships
- Canada Scholarships
- China Scholarships
- Denmark Scholarships
- France Scholarships
- Germany Scholarships
- Germany Postdoctoral
- India Scholarships
- Iran Scholarships
- Italy Scholarships
- Japan Scholarships
- New Zealand
Take a leap in to successful career by taking free online courses from world's top colleges and universities.