Curie Institute (Institut Curie) is now accepting applications for PhD fellowship program which is co-funded by the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under the Marie Sk?odowska-Curie grant agreement No 666003.
The aim is to recruit motivated students for 12 PhD projects who will be starting their PhD in October 2017 at Institut Curie bringing together a world-class multidisciplinary cancer research center and a model hospital.
The IC-3i international PhD Program is a PhD fellowship program partly funded by the European Commission under the Cofund scheme of Horizon 2020’s Marie Skodowska-Curie Actions. The IC-3i PhD international Program will enable to recruit 12 PhD fellows starting in October 2017.
The working language at Institute is English; it is not required to speak French. Thus, proficiency in written and fluency in oral English are required as the whole program is run in English. PhD fellows can attend French classes at their arrival.
Course Level: The IC-3i-PhD fellows will carry out research at Institut Curie, located in Paris and surroundings, (France).
Study Subject: The thesis projects cover Institut Curie’s 4 main research axes and its translational department:
- Biology & Chemistry of Radiations, Cell Signaling & Cancer
- Biology, Cancer, Genetics & Epigenetics
- Integrative Tumour Biology, Immunology & Environment
- Multiscale Physics-Biology-Chemistry
- Translational Research
Scholarship Award: A 3-year funding: PhD fellows will get a gross salary of around 2100 € per month (including the doctoral mission) during the 3 years of funding. Net salary is approximately 25% less, the difference covering insurance: PhD fellows will benefit from health insurance, retirement and unemployment. They are also entitled to supplemental health insurance and additional supplemental retirement.
Additional funding for the 4th year: If additional time is necessary to complete the PhD, PhD fellows can ask their host laboratory for help to look for additional funding after the 3-year contract period.
Scholarship can be taken in France
Eligibility: The applicants must:
- not have lived in France for more than 12 months during the past 3 years prior to February 5th, 2017 (COFUND Mobility rule)
- have a Master’s degree (or be about to obtain one) or have a university degree equivalent to a European Master’s (5-year duration) to be eligible.
- have obtained this degree no more than 2 years prior to February 5th, 2017.
Nationality: French and international students can apply for these scholarships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: In order to apply for the fellowship, applicants must have a Master’s degree (or be about to obtain one) or have a university degree equivalent to a European Master’s (5-year duration) to be eligible.
English Language Requirements: The working language at Institute Curie is English, it is not required to speak French. Thus, proficiency in written and fluency in oral English are required as the whole program is run in English. PhD fellows can attend French classes at their arrival.
How to Apply: Eligible applicants should complete an online scholarship application.
Applicants will choose 1 or 2 PhD thesis projects they will apply for via the online application system. Documents needed are:
- a CV,
- a motivation letter per project,
- a copy of the high school degree,
- a copy of the Master’s degree or equivalent 5-year university degree (translated in English if possible),
- a copy of the university grade transcript from the Master’s degree or equivalent 5-year university degree (translated in English if possible),
- 2 recommendation letters.
- Referees must have submitted their recommendation letters by the end of the call. We strongly advise applicants to contact their referees as soon as possible so that they have enough time to upload the recommendation letter online. It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that the 2 recommendation letters are sent before the end of the call.
Application Deadline: Applications can be sent until February 5, 2017.