The International Center for Journalists (ICFJ) is delighted to offer its Reporting Fellowship on Migration and Climate. The fellowship is available for Nigerian Journalists.
The fellowship aimed at the improved coverage of migration due to conflict or instability and the resulting impact on climate and economic prospects.
International Center for Journalists (ICFJ) is a non-profit, professional organization located in Washington, D.C., United States, that promotes journalism worldwide
Course Level: Fellowship is available for Journalists.
Study Subject: Fellowship is awarded in the field of issues related to migration & climate, data journalism and visualizations.
Scholarship Award: Fellowship will cover the following:
- ICFJ will cover all transportation costs, hotel and meal expenses for the fellows.
- An online workshop on covering SDGs, with a focus on climate and migration. Following the workshop, participants will have three weeks to produce stories for publication or broadcast in their media outlets, based on the training and mentoring received in the online workshop.
- A three-day workshop in Nigeria in late November led by award-winning science and environmental journalists. Up to 20 participants from the online course will work with experts on climate and migration, data journalism and visualizations.
- At the end of the study tour, participants will receive small reporting grants to produce in-depth stories on SDGs, climate and migration. The top three stories from this group will receive grants of up to $1,000 to continue their coverage.
Number of Scholarships: Not Known
Scholarship can be taken in the USA
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Applicants must live and work in Nigeria.
- Full-time Nigeria-based journalists and/or freelancers working for domestic or international news outlets are eligible (print, online, and/or broadcast).
- Applicants must be fluent in English.
Nationality: Nigerian applicants are eligible to apply for the fellowship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must be full-time Nigeria-based journalists and/or freelancers working for domestic or international news outlets.
English Language Requirements: Applicants must be fluent in English.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply via online:
- Applicants must submit the following documents to be considered for the fellowship:
- Resume/curriculum vitae.
- Essay outlining the reason for applying for the fellowship and hoped-for outcomes.
- Two work samples, preferably related to sustainable development.
- Letter of support from an employer or media outlet confirming commitment to publish at least one to two fellowship-related stories.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is September 21, 2017.