The International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) is now accepting applications for its PhD Graduate Fellowship. The fellowship is available for Kenyan students.
The aim of the fellowship is to support the anthrax project on the development of anthrax risk maps and identification of drivers for the occurrence and persistence of the disease in Kenya.
The International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) is an international agricultural research institute based in Nairobi, Kenya, and founded in 1994 by the merging of the International Livestock Centre for Africa and the International Laboratory for Research on Animal Diseases.
Course Level: Fellowship is available to pursue PhD graduate programme.
Study Subject: Fellowship is awarded in the field of Spatial Analysis of Anthrax Occurrence Patterns
Scholarship Award: ILRI will offer a competitive stipend to cover living expenses at the project location. The successful candidate will be supervised jointly by an ILRI scientist and the university/academic supervisor.
Number of Scholarships: Not Known
Scholarship can be taken in Kenya
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- MSc in Epidemiology, MSc Public Health, or MSc Environmental Health.
- Excellent writing skills.
- An effective and energetic team player with the ability to work in a multidisciplinary and multi-cultural environment.
- Ability to work independently, multi-task and meet tight deadlines.
- Skills on geographical information systems.
Nationality: Kenyan applicants are eligible to apply for the fellowship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have an MSc in Epidemiology, Public Health, or Environmental Health.
English Language Requirements: Applicants must be fluent in English.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply via online:
- Applicants should send a letter from university attesting his/her student status,or commitment letter one is seeking an admission into a university; cover letter and CV explaining their interest in the position; what he/she can bring to the job; names and addresses (including telephone and email) of three referees who are knowledgeable about the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience. Applications should be made to the Director, People and Organizational Development by clicking on the online application link given below.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is September 22, 2017.