The Institute for Multidisciplinary Research in Quantitative Modelling and Analysis is inviting applications for FSR post-doc Fellowship 2018.
The Catholic University of Louvain offers a unique opportunity for developing, comprehensive research skills throughout the mining chain – from exploration, mining, processing and metal production, to recovery after stopping mining activities.
IMMAQ was founded in 2009 as a research institute which combines fundamental and applied research, relevant in order to target and answer questions as they arise in the public and in the private sector of society – at a regional, national and international scale. More than 200 researchers and consultants, of about 15 different nationalities, contribute to the productivity of this unit. Its common denominator is the use of a coherent set of tools and methods for quantitative modelling and analysis.
- Applications deadline: January 29, 2018
- Course Level: Fellowships are available to pursue postdoctoral programme.
- Study Subject: Research in IMMAQ is organized around these broad areas. Actuarial Sciences Economics· Econometrics · Finance and Quantitative Finance· Operations Research · Statistics and Biostatistics·
- Nationality: International students are eligible to apply for this fellowship programme.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given.
- Scholarship can be taken in the Belgium
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: International students are eligible to apply for this fellowship programme.
Entrance Requirements: These fellowships – for a period of 24 months – are addressed to researchers who have not stayed or worked in Belgium for more than 12 months over the last 3 years, and with maximum 5 years of postdoctoral experience.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply:
The application for a postdoctoral fellowship needs to be supported by the Research Centre in which the applicant intends to work. Interested candidates are invited to follow this procedure:
- For Monday, November 20, 2017: send a CV (first three pages of the application form)
and a preliminary project (1?2 pages). This should be sent by email to
- Friday, December 8: shortlisted candidates will be informed by the research centre.
- December 8, 2017, to January 29, 2018: Preparation of the application, with the support
of the research centre.
- January 29, 2018: deadline for submission of applications: crec?adre-at-uclouvain.be.