Under the partnership, Indian Oil is providing a fellowship towards the SFU PhD program which will allow Indian citizens to spend one year at SFU and a further three years at Indian Oil’s R&D Centre.
The aim of the fellowship is to support Indian students to spend one year at SFU and a further three years at Indian Oil’s R&D Centre
The Simon Fraser University, commonly referred to as SFU, is a public research university in British Columbia, Canada with campuses in Burnaby, Surrey, and Vancouver. Indian Oil Corporation (IndianOil) is an Indian petrochemical company. It is the largest commercial enterprise in the country.
Course Level: The fellowship is available to pursue PhD programme.
Study Subject: The fellowship is awarded in the field of Clean Energy, Hydrogen, Fuel Cell Technology, Natural Gas and Advanced Materials.
Scholarship Award: The fellowship will cover the following:
- 100% tuition fee award for four years and a stipend to of CAD 13,000 to support living expenses during the one year stay in Canada.
- IndianOil would offer a fellowship amount which will be 25% more than the prevailing rate under CSIR Research Fellowship scheme as applicable, HRA @ 30% of the fellowship amount for the period of study in India.
Number of Scholarships: Not known
Scholarship can be taken in one year at SFU, Canada and a further three years at Indian Oil’s R&D Centre
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Candidates must have completed their Master’s degree from a recognized university in India in Chemistry or Electrochemistry or Mechanical Engineering or Chemical Engineering, or Metallurgical Engineering or Electrochemical Engineering.
- The candidate must have cleared all the exams from Graduation and Post graduation level in First Class scoring above 65% marks in the final exams.
- Preference shall be given to candidates who have cleared CSIR/UGC-NET / GATE exam. However, in case the candidate joins the Fellowship he/she shall not be allowed to avail any other fellowship.
- The upper age limit for applying for the above fellowship is 28 years as on August 31, 2017.
- Candidates will be required to fulfil SFU admission criteria for a doctoral degree in Engineering or Science.
Nationality: Applicants of India are eligible to apply for the scholarship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have a Master’s degree.
English Language Requirement: The candidate should have a very good command over the English language.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply via post:
Application Deadline: The application deadline is August 31, 2017.