Institute of Science and Technology Austria is offering fully-funded PhD positions for September 2018 intake. ISTScholar PhD program will be awarded in the natural and mathematical sciences in a world-class research environment on the outskirts of Vienna.
The goal of the ISTScholar PhD program is to produce intellectually broad, curious, open-minded scientists who are able to approach problems from different angles and can collaborate with diverse types of scientists.
The Institute of Science and Technology Austria (IST Austria) is a young international institution in Klosterneuburg near Vienna that the basic scientific research and postgraduate training is dedicated to.
The candidate should have a very good command over English language.
- Application deadline: January 8, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are available for ISTScholar PhD program.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in the field of natural and mathematical sciences.
- Scholarship Award: All ISTFELLOW recipients will be offered full-time employment contracts at IST Austria and will receive an internationally competitive salary with full social security coverage. In addition, the program will provide:
- Travel allowance to scientific conferences and workshops
- Support for study visits
- Mobility allowance
- Additional family allowance, if applicable
- Housing, a guest house and four apartment buildings are available on the IST campus. Depending upon availability, a room in the guest house or an apartment can be rented for a period of up to one year after arrival, giving incoming postdocs time to find suitable accommodation for the following years.
- IST offers German-language courses on campus.
- Number of Scholarships: Not given
- Nationality: International Students
- Scholarship can be taken in Austria
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: Applicants from all over the world can apply for the fellowships.
- Entrance Requirements: All applicants must hold a master’s or bachelor’s degree (or equivalent), or anticipate the completion of the degree before September 2017. Participating students are expected to be proficient in written and oral English.
- Highly qualified students from all disciplines of the natural sciences, mathematics, computer sciences, and any related interdisciplinary areas, who are committed to pursuing their scientific career in an international research environment, are invited to apply.
- All applicants must hold a master’s or bachelor’s degree (or equivalent), or anticipate the completion of the degree before September 2017. Participating students are expected to be proficient in written and oral English.
- IST Austria is committed to equality and diversity. In particular, female applicants are encouraged to apply.
- English Language Requirements: Candidates must be proficient in written and oral English. Applicants can submit TOEFL/IELTS and GRE scores. The IST Austria TOEFL code is 6384.
Introduction: ISTScholar is the PhD program of IST Austria. To apply you have to create an online account, which will allow you to track your application through its various stages.
How to Apply: You do not need to complete the application process in one session. You can return to your account and save your application as often as you like, up until you are ready to submit.Step 1: Create an account
Register online by entering your e-mail and choosing a password. You will receive an e-mail with a link to finalize the registration of your user account immediately.
Read the instructions carefully to make sure you complete all steps and upload all necessary documents.
Step 3: Enter application data
There are five parts to your application. Make sure that you press “Save” each time before moving on to a different section! When you leave a page without having saved it, your data will be lost and you will have to re-enter it.
Step 4: Submit your application
Ensure that your application is complete and correct before submitting. Once you have submitted your application, you will not be able to make further changes. The submission deadline is January 8, 2018 11:59 PM CET. Referees need to submit their recommendations by January 15, 2018 11:59 PM CET. These deadlines are firm and extensions are not granted.
IST Austria will only process complete and submitted applications; all others will not be reviewed.
If your application is incomplete (e.g., sections left blank, documents and/or references missing, misspelled e-mail addresses of referees, and so on…), we will not contact you to inform you that it is incomplete.
Applicants should note IST Austria cannot answer telephoned queries. Please note that we receive a large number of applications and a high volume of applicant inquiries as the deadline approaches. We aim at answering all written inquiries within 24 hours during standard office hours (Mon – Fri 9 AM – 5 PM CET), but may take longer during peak times.
If there is an urgent matter regarding your application submission that is not addressed in the instructions, please contact our administrator at gradschool-at-ist.ac.at
Results will be available from mid-February onwards.