The University of Buffalo is pleased to offer International Admissions Scholarship to qualified international freshmen for the academic year 2017-2018. Scholarship awards vary from $2,000–$10,000 per academic year and are renewable for up to four years with good academic standing.
UB is recognized worldwide for a quality affordable education. That’s why distinguished faculty and top students from across the world have made us their choice.
Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue the undergraduate programme.
Study Subject: Scholarships are available in all the subjects offered by the university.
Scholarship Award: Scholarship awards vary from $2,000–$10,000 per academic year and are renewable for up to four years with good academic standing.
Scholarship can be taken in New York, United States of America
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for scholarship:
- Open to qualified incoming freshman (first-year) students who have no course work or credits completed at a postsecondary institution
- Open only to full-time freshman international students
- Available to students initially enrolling in the fall semester
- Most scholarship recipients have a high school average of at least 88 percent or a B+ average (or the equivalent) and above average SAT/ACT scores.
Nationality: International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Open to qualified incoming freshman (first-year) students who have no course work or credits completed at a postsecondary institution.
English language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
How to Apply: Application and review process
- There is not a separate scholarship application form. All qualified freshman applicants will be considered for the scholarship as part of the regular application review process.
- Scholarships are awarded using a holistic review process. While GPA and test scores are the most important criteria, they are not the only criteria we consider.
- Submit a one-page essay about why you want to study at UB. This essay can be the same as the standard application essay; you do not need to submit an additional essay.
- Submit at least one letter of recommendation from a teacher who can comment about your potential as a university student and about your extracurricular activities. This recommendation letter can be the same as the standard application recommendation letter; you do not need to submit an additional letter.
Application Deadline: Apply early!
Only complete applications received before April 15th will be given scholarship consideration.
Scholarship awards are announced in three rounds:
|Application Deadline||Award Announcement|
|Round 1||February 1st||March 1st|
|Round 2||March 15th||April 1st|
|Round 3||April 15th||April 23rd|