The UNU International Institute for Global Health (UNU-IIGH) is pleased to offer International PhD Fellowship in Malaysia. Applicants from developing countries and women are particularly encouraged to apply for this Fellowship Programme.
The UNU-IIGH PhD Fellowship Programme aims to provide an opportunity for candidates enrolled in a PhD programme to expand their intellectual vision beyond their scientific disciplines.
The UNU International Institute for Global Health (UNU-IIGH) seeks to contribute to the development and strengthening of health services policy frameworks and management actions, particularly for people in developing countries and to support the implementation of a promotive and preventive approach to human health.
All international applicants for whom English is not the native tongue must provide proof of competence in the English language.
Course Level: Fellowships are awarded to undertake PhD programme.
Study Subject: Research topics should relate to any one of the following UNU-IIGH thematic research areas: Systems Thinking for Urban Health and Governance for Global Health
Scholarship Award: UNU-IIGH offers a monthly stipend for the 12-month duration of the fellowship. During the fellowship, the fellow, in addition to working on his/her research, is expected to participate in the research and academic activities related to UNU-IIGH thematic areas.
Scholarship can be taken in Malaysia
- The PhD Fellowship Programme is open to candidates who are enrolled in PhD programmes in educational institutions around the world, and who could benefit from a period of up to 12 months at UNU-IIGH. With a view to strengthening capacity building, doctoral students from educational institutions in developing countries are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Applicants must be able to make use of the UNU-IIGH facilities in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia to: (i) work on a project or projects assigned by the supervisor, and (ii) participate in other academic activities of the Institute while writing their dissertation. The fellows shall also participate in regular in-house discussions and seminars, as well as contribute to the research and writing of the UNU-IIGH Working Paper Series.
Nationality: Applicants from developing countries and women are particularly encouraged to apply.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have a masters degree or equivalent.
English Language Requirement: All international applicants for whom English is not the native tongue must provide proof of competence in the English language.
How to Apply: Interested applicants should download and complete the UNU Personal History form (P-11). There is no Vacancy Number; instead, just state PhD Fellowship 2017 as the “Title of Post” in the section “What post are you applying for?” Please submit all of the listed documents below via email to: iigh-info-at-unu.edu
- A completed and signed UNU P-11 form(Please do not use P-11 forms from other UN agencies)
- A cover letter outlining your motivation and how a 12-month PhD Fellowship with UNU-IIGH will benefit you and UNU-IIGH
- An abstract of current PhD research/dissertation
- A sample of recent publications (in English)
- Two references to support application (one must come from current PhD supervisor)
- A scanned copy of passport details page
Application Deadline: The deadline for application is 4th November 2016.