The University of Bergen (UiB) is offering a 4 years position as the postdoctoral fellowship at the Faculty of Humanities, for employment from autumn 2018. International students are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
The University of Bergen (UiB) is an internationally recognised research university with more than 14,000 students and close to 3,500 employees at six faculties. The university is located in the heart of Bergen. Our main contribution to society is excellent basic research and education across a wide range of disciplines.
- Application Deadline: April 30, 2018
- Course Level: Fellowships are available to pursue postdoctoral research programme.
- Study Subject: Fellowships are awarded at the Faculty of Humanities in Medieval studies. The postdoctoral research project must be within the field of medieval studies, and relate to one of the relevant disciplines at the Faculty for Humanities, such as Archaeology, Art History, Comparative Literature, Classical philology (Greek or Latin), Cultural studies, History, Old Norse philology, Philosophy, Study of Religions and Theatre Studies.
- Scholarship Award: The fellowship can offer:
- A good and professionally challenging working environment
- Salary at pay grade 57(code 1352 / pay range 24.1) according to the government salary scale upon appointment. This constitutes a gross annual salary of NOK 490 500. Further promotions are made according to length of service in the position.
- Enrolment in the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund
- A position in an inclusive workplace (IW)
- Good welfare benefits
- Nationality: International students are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in Norway
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: International students are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
Applicants must hold a Norwegian PhD or equivalent degree, or must have submitted the doctoral thesis for assessment prior to the application deadline. It is a condition of employment that the PhD has been awarded before appointment can take place.
The academic strength of the applicant and the research project as well as its relevance will be the chief criterion for the assessment and ranking of candidates. With approximately equal qualifications among the ranked applicants, subjects of strategic importance will be weighted in the assessment. Weight will also be given to the applicant’s ability to disseminate research results and develop academic networks. The ability to work independently as well as collaborating well with others are required qualities.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: Please apply electronically via the link “APPLY FOR THIS JOB”.
The applicant must complete the electronic CV-form. In addition, the application must include:
- An account of the applicant’s research interests and motivation for applying for the position.
- A project description, with progress plan and basic bibliography (max. 5 pages)
- A short summary of the doctoral thesis (or the thesis itself in electronic format)
- Transcripts and diplomas awarded from institutions of higher education (scanned)
- A list of relevant academic publications
- The names and contact information for two reference persons.