Applications are invited for Cleveland Foundation Summer Internship Program to study in USA. Applicants must be a college junior or senior in fall 2017 or a graduating senior in spring 2017. Interns will be notified of their acceptance into the program by the end of March. The internship program begins May 31st and concludes Aug. 11th, 2017. Applications for the 2017 Summer Internship Program open Nov. 14th and close Jan. 23rd.
Field of Internship: The program is offering first-hand knowledge of the Greater Cleveland nonprofit community, its leadership, and organizations.
Course Level: Internship
Internship Provider: Cleveland Foundation
Internship can be taken in USA
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following qualifications:
- Applicants must be a college junior or senior in fall 2017 or a graduating senior in Spring 2017.
- If not a student attending a college or university in Cuyahoga, Lake or Geauga counties, applicants must be a permanent resident of Cuyahoga, Lake or Geauga counties.
- Exhibit interest in the nonprofit or public sectors
- Must not be a relative of a member of Cleveland Foundation staff or the Board of Directors.
Other highly desirable qualifications include:
- A strong academic record (preferably a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above)
- Strong English verbal and written communications skills.
Internship Open for International Students: US applicants are eligible to apply for this internship progranmme.
Is this paid internship? This is a paid internship programme. Interns will Provides a full time, paid internship ($12 per hour) opportunity.
Internship Description: Since 1999, the Cleveland Foundation has conducted a summer internship program that provides talented and diverse undergraduate students and recent college graduates an opportunity to work with Cleveland-area nonprofit and public sector organizations in an 11 week paid internship. Interns also participate in and coordinate weekly seminars highlighting key organizations and programs being conducted in the local nonprofit and public sectors.
Number of awards offered: Not Known
Internship Duration: The internship will run for 11 weeks.
Notification: Interns will be notified of their acceptance into the program by the end of March.
How to Apply: (If you have registered with us in the past you can skip the registration step and go to the Login link below)
- Register for access to our online application gateway by entering your name and e-mail, and creating a login ID. An e-mail will be sent to you within 5 minutes. Please check your spam folder. Click on the link in the e-mail to complete the registration process.
- Login (with the e-mail address you used to register), complete the internship application and upload your documents.
Required Documents (to be uploaded in .pdf format) by the January 23rd application deadline:
- Most recent transcript of all your college-level study.
- Two letters of recommendation from individuals familiar with your academic work, employment experience or community/volunteer activities.
- We recommend that you upload the letters of recommendation directly into your online application. However, if your personal reference prefers to e-mail their recommendation to us directly, they may send toTCFInterns-at-clevefdn.org.
- A typed personal statement of 750 words or less, double spaced, 12 point font, 1 inch margins.
- In the essay, please describe your interest in the nonprofit or public sectors, why you are applying for the summer internship program, and your previous work and volunteer experiences. The essay will help the selection committee learn more about you and also evaluate your writing skills.
Internship Application Deadline: Applications for the 2017 Summer Internship Program open Nov. 14th and close January 23rd.