Facebook is offering Internship for Engineering, Tech & Design for the year 2017. Applicants must be pursuing a PhD in vision science, bioengineering, or related field and must be currently enrolled in a full-time degree program and returning to the program after the completion of the internship.
International students are eligible to apply for this internship programme. Facebook team at Oculus Research offers twelve to sixteen (12-16) weeks’ long internships with flexible starting dates
Field of Internship: Research Internship, Vision Science and Physiological Optics.
Course Level: Internship
Internship Provider: Facebook
Internship can be taken in USA (Redmond, WA)
Eligibility: Minimum Qualifications
- Pursuing a PhD in vision science, bioengineering, or related field
- Currently enrolled in a full-time degree program and returning to the program after the completion of the internship
- 2+ years of experience in experimental methodology, psychophysics, and/or related statistical analysis
- Experience in key areas such as vergence/accommodation, color and luminance, signal/image processing, physiological optics, eye movements valued
- Interpersonal skills: cross-group and cross-culture collaboration
- Ability to obtain work authorization in the United States in 2017
- 2+ years with user studies (psychophysics) and human factors
- 2+ years with the design or analysis of optical and/or stereoscopic display systems
- Innovative problem solver and results oriented.
- Record of achieving significant results, including first-authored journal publications
- Demonstrated experience via an internship, work experience, or widely used contributions to open source projects
- Prior experience with MATLAB, R, Python, and/or C++
Internship Open for International Students: International students are eligible to apply for this internship programme.
Is this paid internship? This is an unpaid internship programme.
Internship Description: Perception is at the center of our research, as it informs our work in displays, optics, rendering, and practically everything else. As a research intern in the Perceptual Science team at Oculus Research in Redmond WA, you’ll be tackling the scientific challenges that define cutting-edge virtual and augmented reality, addressing heretofore-unanswered questions in vision science, displays, and perceptual psychology. This involves both applied and basic science, as they inform our research directions and identify opportunities for revolutionary experiences. We’re committed to a whole-system, multidisciplinary approach to perceptual research, and both collaborate with academic institutions and publish in peer-reviewed journals. Projects take advantage of internal resources in mechanical, electrical, optical, and software engineering, allowing us to confront scientific questions which cannot be addressed with existing equipment.
Number of awards offered: Not known
Internship Duration: Facebook team at Oculus Research offers twelve to sixteen (12-16) weeks’ long internships with flexible starting dates
Notification: Not Known
How to Apply: The mode of application is online.
Internship Application Deadline: Contact Employer