Applications are invited for General Operations Internships at the Rachel Carson Center in Germany. The successful candidate will speak and write English fluently; s/he will also demonstrate an interest (relevant course work/degree/seminar papers) in environmental humanities or sciences. This is a paid internship program, therefore, the internship is compensated; details will be discussed with shortlisted applicants during interviews.
Field of Internship: Areas in which the interns support our staff:
- Contributing to our digital portal
- Working on our publications
- Writing conference reports
- Editing videos
- Coordinating our social media presence
- Preparing and executing conferences and events
- Fulfilling general office duties
Course Level: Internship
Internship Provider: Rachel Carson Center
Internship can be taken in Germany
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- The successful candidate will speak and write English fluently; s/he will also demonstrate an interest (relevant course work/degree/seminar papers) in environmental humanities or sciences.
- Candidates must be enrolled in a bachelor’s or master’s degree. We don’t accept applications from students pursuing a doctoral degree or from postdocs, with no exceptions.
- International applicants are welcome as long as they fulfill the above criteria. Visas are the applicant’s responsibility.
Internship Open for International Students: International students are eligible to apply for this internship program.
Is this paid internship? Yes, the internship is compensated; details will be discussed with shortlisted applicants during interviews.
Internship Description: Since its founding in 2009, the Rachel Carson Center has become one of the world’s most prominent and relevant research centers in the environmental humanities. Our mission is to advance research and discussion on the interrelationship between humans and nature. We contribute to public and scholarly debates about past transformations and future challenges in environment and society, harnessing the interpretative power of the humanities (and social sciences) to contextualize technologies, economies, and policies.
Number of awards offered: Not Known
Internship Duration: Internship is awarded for the duration of 30 hours per week, spread over three months.
Notification: Not Known
How to Apply: For questions or to apply, please contact: interns-at-carsoncenter.lmu.de
Our working language is English; therefore all applications must be in English. To apply, please email us a self-written application (there are no application forms), including:
- Your availability (when you are available to work).
- A statement of interest, no longer than 5,000 characters including spaces. It should describe your motivation and highlight any special skills.
- Your CV (no longer than 3,000 characters including spaces).
- References: the names and addresses of two professors/supervisors (or other qualified persons) who are willing to be called on to give a personal reference.
Please format all the above into one PDF document. Please apply via email only.
Internship Application Deadline: The deadline for the November internship is September 1, 2017.