Google is offering Engineering Practicum Internship in USA for Summer 2017. The Engineering Practicum (EP) program is a 12-week developmental opportunity for first and second-year undergraduate students with a passion for technology—especially students from historically underrepresented groups including women, Native American, Black, Latino, Veteran and students with disabilities. Applications are due December 2nd, 2016.
Field of Internship: Internship is offered in the field of Software Engineering.
Course Level: Internship
Internship Provider: Google
Internship can be taken in USA (Mountain View, CA)
Eligibility: Minimum qualifications:
- Must be a first-year or second-year student (freshman or sophomore) currently attending a 4-year Bachelor’s program, majoring or intending to major in computer science or related technical field.
- First-year students must have taken one Computer Science course by end of first semester. (AP or IB Computer Science is acceptable).
- Must be completing their Bachelor’s program between April 2019 and August 2020.
- Must be attending an undergraduate university in North America.
- Programming experience in one or more of the following languages: Java, Python, C, or C++.
- Second-year students should have taken two Computer Science courses.
Internship Open for International Students: International applicants are eligible to apply for this programme.
Is this paid internship? This is a paid internship programme.
Internship Description: Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to tackle some of technology’s greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From AdWords to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
Number of awards offered: Not Known
Internship Duration: The duration of internship is 12 weeks.
Notification: Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and it’s in the candidate’s best interest to apply early.
How to Apply: To Apply:
Step 1: Create a PDF with your resume and answers to five essay questions (see below for questions)
Step 2: Click “Apply Now” to submit your resume, essay responses and transcript (see below for instructions)
Required application materials:
- Responses to five essay questions (please upload the resume and essays together as ONE PDF document)
Internship Application Deadline: Applications are due 2nd December 2016.