UN City Copenhagen is currently accepting applications for Internship at the UN City Public Diplomacy and Communications Office for fall 2018. Interns must have strong verbal and written communication skills in Danish and English. UNPDC does not pay for internships. This full-time internship (40 hours per week) will commence in August 2018 and last six months. Depending on the intern’s university, ECTS/credits may be possible.
Field of Internship: Internship is offered in the field of communications and public diplomacy.
Course Level: Internship
Internship Provider: UN City Copenhagen
An internship can be taken in Copenhagen, Denmark
Eligibility: Interns are selected on a competitive basis placing emphasis on the following qualifications:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in Danish and English
- Demonstrated interest in the field of communications and/or international diplomacy or international relations
- Web management skills, experience with CMS
- Photo editing skills/graphic design experience are considered an asset
- Video production skills are considered an asset
- Applicants must be enrolled in a full-time university degree program in a graduate school (Master’s or equivalent) at the time of application and for the duration of the internship
- Applicants must demonstrate a keen interest in the work of the United Nations and have a personal commitment to the ideals of the UN Charter
Internship Open for International Students: International students are eligible to apply for this internship programme.
Is this paid internship? UNPDC does not pay for internships. The costs associated with the internship must be borne by the nominating institution, related institution or government, which may provide the required financial assistance to its students; or by the student, who will have to obtain financing for subsistence and make his or her own arrangements for travel, accommodation, etc.
Internship Description: Are you passionate about the work of the United Nations, and looking to gain experience within communications and public diplomacy? The UN City Public Diplomacy and Communications Office (UNPDC) offer two internships in the fall of 2018 for outstanding graduate level students. The internship poses a unique opportunity to acquire direct exposure to the work of the UN and strategic communication in practice.
A number of awards offered: Up to two internships are available.
Internship Duration: This full-time internship (40 hours per week) will commence in August 2018 and last six months. Depending on the intern’s university, ECTS/credits may be possible.
Notification: Not Known
How to Apply: Please send your resume (CV) and a cover letter to Flemming Johannesen (flemming.johannesen-at-one.un.org) no later than 18 March 2018.
Internship Application Deadline: Application deadline is March 18, 2018.