Applications are invited for NASA History Program Office Student Internships to study in USA. Applicants must be currently enrolled and in good standing in an accredited college or university. US citizens are eligible to apply for this internship programme. This is an unpaid internship programme. Internship application deadline is October 1, 2017.
Field of Internship: The History Program Office preserves NASA’s documentary record, stimulates the study of aerospace history, and communicates historical information within NASA and with the public.
Course Level: Internship
Internship Provider: NASA
Internship can be taken in Washington, DC, USA
- You must be a U.S. citizen
- You must be currently enrolled and in good standing in an accredited college or university
- You must possess strong research and writing skills
- A background in history or related academic fields is preferable. A background in science and engineering is also desirable.
- Experience with social media, web publication, and editing are highly desirable.
The work location is NASA Headquarters in Washington, DC. A security background check will be conducted on those selected for the internship.
Internship Open for International Students: US citizens are eligible to apply for this internship programme.
Is this paid internship? This is an unpaid internship programme.
Internship Description: The History Program Office preserves NASA’s documentary record, stimulates the study of aerospace history, and communicates historical information within NASA and with the public. Student interns assist the History Program by managing our social media accounts; writing features for our website; reviewing the historical manuscripts that we produce; researching historical questions, and performing assorted other support tasks.
Number of awards offered: Not Known
Internship Duration: There are 3 internship periods: fall, spring, and summer. Interns typically work 20 hours per week for 10 weeks for the fall and spring terms. For the summer, we like interns to work at least 30 hours per week for 8-10 weeks.
Notification: Not Known
How to Apply: To apply, you must submit:
- Your resume
- A writing sample (a recent research paper, for example)
- Names and contact information for 2 references (at least one of them must be on the faculty or staff of your current college)
- A cover letter that explains why you are interested, when you will be available for work, and how/when we can best reach you for a phone interview.
Email all of these items to Dr. Bill Barry at bill.barry-at-nasa.gov.
Internship Application Deadline: Internship application deadline is October 1, 2017.