South African Reserve Bank is inviting applications for Graduate Development Programme (GDP) for young South Africans in January 2019. The SARB serves the economic well-being of South Africans through maintaining price and financial stability. Graduates will work and learn at the SARB Head Office in Pretoria from January to December 2019. This is a paid internship programme. Graduates will receive a competitive salary for the duration of the programme.
Field of Internship: SARB will consider postgraduates or students studying toward a postgraduate degree with capability in at least one of the following areas:
- Policy analysis
- Public finance
- Financial management
- Information technology
- Portfolio or investment management
- Quantitative analysis
- Risk management
- Economics and international relations
Course Level: Internship
Internship Provider: South African Reserve Bank
An internship can be taken in South Africa
Eligibility: You meet the requirements if you:
- Have completed or are about to complete a postgraduate degree;
- Have attained or expect to attain an average of over 65% in your final year;
- Have a strong desire to work in financial services and/or policy-making;
- Have a proven track record of academic excellence;
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Are a South African citizen; and
- Are a curious and keen learner.
Internship Open for International Students: Internship is available for young South Africans.
Is this paid internship? Graduates will receive a competitive salary for the duration of the programme.
Internship Description: The SARB GDP seeks to contribute to selected graduates overall economic activity and output by equipping them with knowledge of, skills in, and exposure to the role of the central bank in the economy and of the financial sector in general. The SARB GDP is specially designed to provide access to broad knowledge and expertise. Graduates will have the opportunity to work for a reputable institution that has a critical role to play in the South African economy.
Number of awards offered: Not Known
Internship Duration: Graduates will work and learn at the SARB Head Office in Pretoria from January to December 2019. During the year, they will be assigned to a department and exposed to various roles and projects.
Notification: Shortlisted applicants will be invited to participate in assessments, interviews, and a security clearance as part of the selection process. Suitable candidates will be selected based on the SARB’s commitment to diversifying its workforce. Correspondence will be limited to shortlisted candidates only. If you have not heard from us, please consider your application unsuccessful.
How to Apply: Please submit the following 3 documents to SARB-GraduateRecruit-at-resbank.co.za
- Certified copies of your latest academic records and qualifications;
- Your curriculum vitae – no longer than two pages; and
- A half-page motivation explaining why you wish to participate in this programme and what you are able to contribute to the SARB.
Attachments should not exceed 2Mb.
Internship Application Deadline: The closing date for applications is April 12, 2018. Late applications will not be considered.