Applications are invited for Internship opportunities with UNDP Moldova for the duration of 6 months. Interns must be enrolled in a graduate school program (second university degree or equivalent, or higher). Interns must have written and spoken proficiency in English. Fluency in Russian and/or Romanian is an asset. UNDP Moldova does not provide financial support to interns. Internship application deadline is December 21, 2017.
Field of Internship: The Internship Programme provides a compact understanding of UNDP’ s development policies, thematic priorities, and technical cooperation activities. Internships are designed to complement development-oriented studies with practical experience in various aspects of multilateral technical cooperation but also complements other international studies.
Course Level: Internship
Internship Provider: United Nations Development Programme
Internship can be taken in Chisinau, Moldova
Eligibility: UNDP may accept interns providing the following conditions are met:
- Be enrolled in a graduate school program (second university degree or equivalent, or higher);
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree program (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent);
- Have graduated with a university degree (as defined in (a) and (b) above) and, if selected, must start the internship within one-year of graduation.
- written and spoken proficiency in English. Fluency in Russian and/or Romanian is an asset;
- computer literate in standard software applications;
- demonstrated a keen interest in the work of the UN, and of UNDP in particular, and have a personal commitment to UNDP’s Statement of Purpose and to the ideals of the UN Charter; and
- demonstrated the ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which include a willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
- A person who is the child or sibling of a UNDP staff member shall not be eligible to apply for an internship at UNDP. An applicant who bears any other family relationship with a UNDP staff member may be engaged as an intern, provided that he or she shall not be assigned to the same work unit of the staff member nor placed under the direct or indirect supervision of the staff member.
Internship Open for International Students: International students are eligible to apply for this internship program.
Is this paid internship? UNDP Moldova does not provide financial support to interns. The costs associated with the internship must be borne by any sponsoring institutions or by the student, who will have to obtain financing for subsistence and will have to make his/her own arrangements for accommodation, travel, etc.
Health and Medical Insurance:
UNDP accepts no responsibility for the medical and life insurance of the intern or costs arising from accidents and illness incurred during an internship. Applicants for internship must, therefore, carry adequate and regular medical insurance. Proof of medical coverage/visa must be provided before the internship starts.
Internship Description: Assignments vary greatly in terms of content. Every attempt is made to match the interests of the intern with the needs of the organization. Internship assignments vary in length according to the availability and academic requirements of the intern, as well as the needs of UNDP Moldova.
UNDP provides opportunities for a small group of outstanding university students to undertake an internship at the UNDP office in Moldova. The objective of the Internship Programme is to provide UNDP Moldova with the assistance of qualified students specialized in various professional fields. The Internship Programme provides a compact understanding of UNDP’s development policies, thematic priorities, and technical cooperation activities. Internships are designed to complement development-oriented studies with practical experience in various aspects of multilateral technical cooperation but also complements other international studies.
Interns specialize in the areas of public relations/communications, sustainable development, democratic governance and peacebuilding, climate and disaster resilience, human rights, gender, combating HIV/AIDS, promoting civic engagement and Sustainable Development Goals. During the internship, they acquire practical experience in various aspects of project management in an international work environment.
Number of awards offered: Not Known
Internship Duration: The duration of an internship assignment varies in length according to the availability and academic requirements of the intern, as well as the needs of UNDP. Assignments are available for the period of minimum 6 weeks to a maximum of 6 months.
Notification: Not Known
How to Apply: The mode of application is online.
Successful applicants for internships must submit the following documentation:
- completed UNDP Internship application form;
- letter from his University confirming current enrollment and graduation date;
- a copy of his/her school transcript;
- a letter of endorsement from a senior faculty member who has directly supervised the student in the recent past and who is fully acquainted with the student’s performance;
- a motivation letter setting out the reasons why he/she is seeking an internship with UNDP and what is expected from the experience.
Internship Application Deadline: Internship application deadline is December 21, 2017.