UNDP is offering Training for Gender Equality Internship programme in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic. Applicants must enrol in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent). Interns must have excellent written and spoken English is required; Working knowledge of other UN Official languages is an asset.
International students are eligible to apply for this internship programme. This is an unpaid internship programme offered for the duration of 5 months.
Field of Internship: Training for Gender Equality Internship programme.
Course Level: Internship
Internship Provider: United Nations Development Programme
Internship can be taken in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
- Enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent);
- Enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent);
- Have studies in Gender, Social Sciences, International Development, or other similar subjects at the university level;
- Have graduated with a university degree and, if selected, must commence the internship within a one-year period of graduation.
- Experience in training for gender equality; gender and development; gender studies or the like.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages, good knowledge and experience in supporting web-based management systems;
- Experience in working in a web-based environment.
- Excellent written and spoken English is required;
- Working knowledge of other UN Official languages is an asset.
- UN Women will not pay for the internship; all the expenses connected with it will be borne by the intern;
- UN Women accepts no responsibility for costs arising from accidents and/or illness or death incurred during the internship;
- The Intern must provide proof of enrollment in a health insurance plan;
- The Intern will not be eligible to apply for or be appointed to, any post in UN Women during the period of my internship or for the six months immediately following the expiration date thereof;
- The Intern will be personally responsible for obtaining necessary visas and arranging travel to and from the duty station where the internship will be performed.
Internship Open for International Students: International students are eligible to apply for this internship programme.
Is this paid internship? This is an unpaid internship programme.
Internship Description: Grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, UN Women will work for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
Number of awards offered: Not Known
Internship Duration: The duration of the internship is 5 months.
Notification: Not Known
How to Apply: The mode of application is online.
Internship Application Deadline: Internship application deadline is December 21, 2017.