Applications are invited for Goodwill Ambassador Team Internship programme in to study in UK. Applicants must have excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills are essential. Interns must have experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and basic administrative skills Flexibility, organizational skills, ability to work quickly under pressure and juggle multiple tasks essential. International students are eligible to apply for this internship programme. Internship is offered for the duration of 6 months.
Field of Internship: Goodwill Ambassador Team Internship programme.
Course Level: Internship
Internship Provider: The UN Refugee Agency
Internship can be taken in London, UK
Eligibility: Essential Minimum Qualifications and Professional Experience Required:
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills are essential
- Strong experience with online research and knowledge of digital and social media essential
- Strong team player
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and basic administrative skills Flexibility, organizational skills, ability to work quickly under pressure and juggle multiple tasks essential
- A proactive approach to work with a proven ability to work independently and problem solve
- BA degree or higher
- Background or interest in refugee issues and/or international relations welcome
- Fluency in English required; a second UN language welcome, notably French or Spanish.
- Be a strong communicator with fluency in English, including advanced writing and editing skills
- Have strong research and organizational skills
- Knowledge of digital media, content management systems or other web based applications
- Be available to work full time (40 hours) for a six-month period.
Internship Open for International Students: International students are eligible to apply for this internship programme.
Is this paid internship? This is an unpaid internship programme.
Internship Description: Established in December 1950, UNHCR is mandated to lead and coordinate international action to protect and assist refugees. In more than five decades, UNHCR has helped more than 50 million people restart their lives. Today, UNHCR staff in more than 120 countries continue to help and protect millions of refugees, returnees, internally displaced and stateless people. Based in UNHCR’s offices at London, England, this is a unique opportunity to gain experience within the UN system as part of UNHCR’s Division of External Relations, specifically working within the Goodwill Ambassador team. It will provide insight and experience in communication and relationship management functions as well as administration and team support within the context of an international humanitarian organization.
Number of awards offered: Not Known
Internship Duration: Internship is offered for the duration of 6 months.
Notification: Due to a high number of applications, only successful candidates will be contacted. Interviews will take place during the week of 31st January – 3rd February 20.
How to Apply: Interested applicants should submit their letter of motivation, Personal History Form (P11), and CV, including testimonials/degrees/certificates to DENCODERHR-at-unhcr.org indicating “Goodwill Ambassador Team internship” in the subject of the email.
Internship Application Deadline: The deadline for applications is January 26, 2017.