The United Nations System Staff College (UNSSC) is delighted to offer Communication and Social Media Internship starting in January 2018. Interns must be enrolled in a Master’s or in a Ph.D. programme. Excellent command of written and spoken English required.
Knowledge of Italian is preferable. This is paid internship programme. 450€ per month will be awarded to the interns for 6 months.
Field of Internship: The selected intern will apply her/his skills in the field of communications to support the activities of the UNSSC Directorate.
Course Level: Internship
Internship Provider: The United Nations System Staff College (UNSSC)
Internship can be taken in Turin, Italy
Applicants can be considered if they meet one of the following:
- Are enrolled in a Master’s or in a Ph.D. programme; or
- Are enrolled in the final year of a Bachelor’s programme; or
- Are within one year after graduation from a Bachelor’s, Master’s or Ph.D. programme.
- In the field of communications, public relations, languages, journalism or equivalent.
Previous work experience is not required; however, experience in the field of communications and public relations and experience working with professional social media platforms are considered an asset. Knowledge of the UN is an advantage.
Excellent command of written and spoken English required. Knowledge of Italian is preferable.
Excellent computer skills in the Microsoft Office suite.
Other skills and competencies:
- Ability to learn and act in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- High motivation to learn and grow professionally.
- Ability to work in a multicultural, multi-ethnic environment and to maintain effective working relations with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
Internship Open for International Students: International applicants are eligible to apply for this internship programme.
Is this paid internship? Yes, 450€ per month will be awarded to the interns.
Internship Description: The UNSSC Directorate provides the overall vision, strategic direction, and orientation of the Staff College. With a view to supporting the growing visibility and expansion of the UNSSC, the Directorate is responsible for delivering strategic programmatic initiatives, advocacy events, and special projects. The coordination of corporate communication activities and institutional reporting also rests with the Directorate.
Number of awards offered: Not Known
Internship Duration: The duration of the internship is 6 months, starting January 2018.
Notification: Not Known
How to Apply: Eligible candidates interested in doing an internship at the United Nations System Staff College must submit in English:
- An up-to-date curriculum vitae (resume);
- A motivation letter, specifying why you would like to be considered for this internship;
- For applicants who are currently enrolled in a degree programme, an endorsement from their University or Sponsoring Institution is required;
- Applications should be submitted by e-mail to recruitment-at-unssc.org
- Please indicate on the subject “Application for Internship vacancy announcement 007
Internship Application Deadline: Internship application deadline is November 24, 2017.