Applications are invited for UNV Communications Assistant internship programme for the year 2017. Interns must be enrolled student of graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher) in Journalism, Public Relations, International Relations or related field International students are eligible to apply for this internship programme. It is designed to complement development-oriented studies with practical experience in various professional aspects. Interns are not financially remunerated by UNDP.
Field of Internship: This is a UNV Communications Assistant internship programme.
Course Level: Internship
Internship Provider: UNDP
Internship can be taken in Kyiv, Ukraine
- Enrolled student of graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher) in Journalism, Public Relations, International Relations or related field; or
- Enrolled student in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent) in the fields mentioned above; or
- Graduate student within one-year of graduation of any of the above.
- Computer literate in standard software applications including MS Office.
- Skills in use of graphic processing software, video content development, web content management systems, online monitoring and analytical tools would be an asset.
- Experience in administering web sites, social media groups or corporate pages, twitter account and SMM would be highly appreciated.
Language Requirements: Fluency in Ukrainian and English.
Internship Open for International Students: International students are eligible to apply for this internship programme.
Is this paid internship? This is unpaid internship programme.
Internship Description: The UNDP internship programme offers an outstanding final year undergraduate, graduate-level students and recent graduates from diverse academic backgrounds the opportunity to acquire direct exposure to the development issues and a first-hand impression of the day-to-day working environment of UNDP. It is designed to complement development-oriented studies with practical experience in various professional aspects. Interns are not financially remunerated by UNDP.
UN Volunteers (UNV) is a global UN programme implemented through UNDP offices worldwide. Every year UNV provides a channel for about seven thousands of skilled professionals from 160 different countries to engage as UN Volunteers in some 140 developing countries. In Ukraine UNV deploys national and international volunteers for assignments in UNHCR, UNDP, UNFPA, UNICEF, WHO, WFP and other UN agencies. Besides, UNV contributes to volunteerism advocacy, creating enabling environment for volunteerism (improving legislation, enhancing national capacities etc.), integrating of volunteer component into peace and development activities.
Objective of the internship: Intern assignment is an opportunity to learn through experience and develop relevant professional and soft skills. It will provide young specialist with a way to meaningfully contribute to peace and sustainable human development results.
Under the direct guidance and supervision of the UNV Programme Assistant, the Intern provides the support in carrying out the communication related activities of the UNV field unit in Ukraine ensuring high quality of work and timely service delivery.
Number of awards offered: Not Known
Internship Duration: The internship is 3-6 months long.
Notification: Not Known
How to Apply: The mode of application is online. Successful applicants for internships must submit the following documentation:
- UNDP Internship Application form;
- Copy of the most recent CV in English;
- Letter of motivation;
- Letter from his/her University confirming current enrollment and graduation date, if applicable, or copy of a Diploma for graduate students;
- Copy of a school transcript;
- Endorsement letter or letter of reference from a faculty member;
- Other documents might be required.
Internship Application Deadline: Internship application deadline is February 14, 2017.