The new IRIBHM International PhD Program Scholarship to Non-Belgium citizens, currently not living in Belgium. The successful candidates will have the opportunity to work in a warm and stimulating research environment aligned with the highest international standards.
IRIBHM is a research institute of the Medical School of the Free University of Brussels (Université Libre de Bruxelles, ULB). The institute offers an internationally prominent research environment in molecular biology and life sciences that engage different topics that span receptor pharmacology and new therapeutic targets discovery, early embryonic development, neurobiology, stem cells and cancer. The institute has trained over the years a number of talented young scientists both at the graduate and postdoctoral levels.
- Application Deadline: April 22, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue Ph.D. programme.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in the field of Life Sciences.
- Scholarship Award: Travel expenses are reimbursed and free accommodation is provided.
- Nationality: Available to non-Belgians, currently not living in Belgium.
- Number of Scholarships: At least 2 PhD scholarships are available.
- Scholarship can be taken in Belgium
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: Available to non-Belgians, currently not living in Belgium.
Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
Please note that only diplomas and degrees equivalent to EU Master Degree awarded by a higher education institution are acceptable, which include project work summarized in a written “small thesis”. Candidates who have not yet obtained their degree will be considered if they can convincingly argue that they will finish their studies within 2018 academic year.
Please note that this program is restricted to non-Belgians, currently not living in Belgium. Applicants must have obtained an academic degree or diploma for maximum 5 years and this period shall include the ongoing academic year.
English Language Requirements: The programming language is English.
How to Apply: Please compile all the relevant documents (i.e., this document, as well as any additional documents, such as diplomas and certificates) in a single .pdf file. To do so, follow these steps:
- Delete this first page as well as the last page (on which the template reference letter appears)
- Complete the forms, making sure to respect the formatting as best as possible and keeping within the stated page limits (it may help to set your printer’s paper size to European A4)
- Generate a .pdf file with the following filename: YOURNAME-IRIBHM2018.pdf.
- Scan additional documents into .pdf files, making sure they are kept at a reasonable size (e.g., scan in B/W, 300 dpi) so as to not exceed email size limits.
- Append these documents at the end of the .pdf file resulting from this document so that the entire application consists of a single .pdf file.
In addition, we request two letters of recommendation from scientists/professors who are familiar with your academic work and who can judge your potential as a PhD student. Please forward the model letter that appears as the last page of this document to your chosen referees, and ask them to send their letters of recommendation directly to iribhm-at-ulb.ac.be. These letters are an essential part of your application, and it is your responsibility to ensure that the referees write to us before April 22, 2018.