The Cranfield University is now accepting applications from female students to apply for its (ISC)2 Information Security Women’s Scholarship. Students from EU, Rest of World, and the UK are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
The Cranfield University is a British postgraduate and research-based public university specializing in science, engineering, technology, and management.
If students are an international student they will need to provide evidence that they have achieved a satisfactory test result in an English qualification.
- Application Deadline: March 1, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue MSc programme.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to learn the following programme:
- Cyber-Secure Manufacturing MSc
- Cyber Defence & Information Assurance MSc
- Cyberspace Operations MSc
- Information Capability Management
- Military Electronic Systems Engineering
- Digital Forensics MSc, PgDip, PgCert
- Scholarship Award: Scholarships Up to $US5, 000 will be awarded.
- Nationality: EU, Rest of World, UK
- Number of Scholarships:
- Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: Students from EU, Rest of World, and the UK are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
- Must be a female student pursuing, or plan to pursue, a degree with a focus on cybersecurity or information assurance.
- Must be eligible to begin the first or second year of a Master’s Degree program or pursue doctoral studies
- GPA must be at least 3.2 on a 4.0 scale (or an analogous rank based on a comparable scale)
- Note: If you have just been accepted to Graduate School, or are just beginning classes, you will use the final cumulative GPA from your undergraduate degree transcript to meet this criterion
- You may be a citizen of any country (US citizenship not required)
- Maybe attending on campus or online
- Maybe attending full time or part-time
- Maybe attending in the US or Internationally
- You do not currently need to be enrolled; however, no awards will be disbursed until the recipient is enrolled in a college or university.
English Language Requirements: The minimum standard expected from a number of accepted courses are as follows:
IELTS – 6.5
TOEFL – 92
Pearson PTE Academic – 65
Cambridge English Scale – 180
Cambridge English: Advanced – C
Cambridge English: Proficiency – C
In addition to these minimum scores, you are also expected to achieve a balanced score across all elements of the test.
How to Apply: Apply online at the Center for Cyber Safety and Education website.
What you will need:
- Unofficial transcripts from your current (or most recent) educational institution. If awarded; no funds will be disbursed until official transcripts have been received.
- One Letter of Recommendation outlining the following:
- How long have you known the applicant and in what capacity?
- What skills or abilities does the applicant have that will support him/her in completing a degree?
- What should other information about the applicant be taken into consideration?
- NOTE: Academic references are preferred; however, you may submit a professional letter of reference addressing the points above.
- Statement of Purpose outlining (no more than two pages and should be double-spaced):
- Describe what makes you stand out from other applicants, and why you should be chosen to receive this Center for Cyber Safety and Education Scholarship.
- Describe why you need the scholarship.
- Describe your personal and educational backgrounds.
- Describe why you chose you’re major and what makes you a candidate for success in information security.
- Describe your goals for your academic career and in your professional career.
- Describe hobbies or extracurricular activities and what they mean to you