Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for ISF Academy Academic Scholarship programme. The scholarship is available exclusively for Hong Kong students.
The aim of the scholarship is to assist students to pursue further levels of academic study.
The Independent Schools Foundation Academy is a non-profit bilingual private school in Hong Kong.
Course Level: The scholarship is available for Grade 6 to 12 students.
Study Subject: The scholarship is awarded in the fields offered by the university.
Scholarship Award: Awards the recipient with a 50% fee remission of the annual tuition each year for their remaining years as a student of The ISF Academy subject to an annual review.
Numbers of Scholarships: Not known
Scholarship can be taken in Hong Kong
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Students with outstanding academic achievements in the past three years. (Please note that more emphasis is placed on the more recent school reports)
- Non-ISF Academy students are academically in the top 10% in their existing school.
- ISF Academy students should achieve a Commitment to Learning grade of at least “4” for each individual subject and obtain the following grades in the two years prior to their application:
- In Primary, an average of at least “5.2” out of “7” in each of the following subjects English, Chinese, English Mathematics, Chinese Mathematics, English Guided Discovery, and Chinese Guided Discovery;
- In Grade 6 to 10, students should generally be achieving at least ISF Magna Cum Laude on their reports (top 10% of their class) in their MYP and non-MYP subjects with no subject scoring less than a “4”; and
- In Grade 11, at least 36 points out of the total score of 42 points (excluding Theory of Knowledge and Extended Essay bonus points).
Nationality: Applicants of Hong Kong are eligible for the scholarship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have previous year degree.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply by post.
- Completed Scholarship Application Form
- Names and contact details of two confidential referees. Please seek permission to use the
- name of the referee in advance. However, please do not include written references. The scholarship committee will contact the referees separately.
- Copies of Official Transcripts / School Report Cards, both interim and final, for the previous three years. Reports issued by The ISF Academy need not be submitted (i.e. only submit reports for the years that the applicant did not study at The ISF Academy).
- Copies of any certificates of awards/performances /exhibitions, etc.
- Two personal statements as indicated below
- Any other information that the applicant believes will support his / her application,
Application Deadline: The application deadline is January 5, 2018.