The Independent Schools Foundation Academy is offering Merit-Based Scholarship Programme for the students of Hong Kong. Scholarships are available for pursuing International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IB DP).
The objective of the program is to encourage and motivate our students to strive for academic excellence and a balanced development.
The Independent Schools Foundation Academy is a non-profit bilingual private school in Hong Kong. It is also an IBO World School, and offers the IB Middle Years Programme and Diploma Programme. The campus is in Cyberport, Pokfulam, Hong Kong.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IB DP).
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
Scholarship Award: The scholarship provides the recipient with:
- 100% fee remission of the annual tuition fee for the two-year IB DP in Grade 11 and 12; and
- A waiver from the Capital Contribution Scheme in Grade 11 and 12 for transfer students.
Number of Scholarships: Up to five two-year IB DP Scholarships are available for Grade 10 students. Applicants in Grade 11 may also apply for a one-year IB DP Scholarship if any remains available;
Scholarship can be taken in Hong Kong
- Students with outstanding academic achievements in the past three years. (Please note that more emphasis is placed on the more recent school reports)Non-ISF Academy students are academically in the top 5% in their current school.
- ISF Academy students must achieve a Commitment to Learning grade of at least “4” for each individual subject and obtain the following grades in the two years prior to their application:
- In Grade 8 to 10, generally achieving ISF Summa Cum Laude (top 5% in their class) on their report / an average of at least “6.3” (out of “7”) in their MYP and non-MYP subjects with no subject scoring less than a “4”;
- In Grade 11, at least 38 points out of the total score of 42 points (excluding Theory of Knowledge and Extended Essay bonus points).
- To remain on the scholarship, students must:
- Continue to remain in excellent academic standing/Commitment to Learning; and
- Contribute to the community;
- Serve as a role model for the student body.
Nationality: Citizens of Hong Kong are eligible to apply.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have previous degree.
How to Apply: An application is considered complete only if it is accompanied by the following documents:
- Completed Scholarship Application Form
- Names and contact details of two confidential referees. Please seek permission to use the name of the referee in advance. However, please do not include written references. The scholarship committee will contact referees separately
- Copies of Official Transcripts / School Report Cards, both interim and final, for the previous three years. Reports issued by The ISF Academy need not be submitted. (i.e. only submit reports for the years that the applicant did not study at The ISF Academy).
- Copies of any certificates of awards /performances/exhibitions etc.
- Three personal statements as indicated below
- Any other information that the applicant believes will support his / her application
Application Deadline: Deadline for the submission of forms:
- Applications for the university scholarship must be submitted before December 14, 2017; and
Applications for the Grade 6 to 12 scholarships must be submitted before January 5, 2018. Transfer students who miss the January deadline may contact the Admissions Office.