ISLAMIC DEVELOPMENT BANK
MERIT SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAMME FOR HIGH TECHNOLOGY
For Academic Year 1430H/ 2009-10
1. The Islamic Development Bank (IDB) is pleased to announce the availability of Scholarships under “The IDB Merit Scholarship Programme for High Technology.”
2. Under the Scholarship, selected scholars may pursue full-time 3-year Ph. D study or 6-12 months of Post-Doctoral research in any of the approved fields in science and high technology at renowned institutions of higher learning in the world. The scholarship covers:
* Tuition/bench fee
o Monthly living allowance
* Monthly family allowance (for Ph.D study only)
* Clothing/books allowance (for Ph.D study only)
* Installation allowance (for Ph.D study only)
* Computer Allowance (for Ph.D study only)
* Conference/Thesis preparation allowance
* Medical coverage
* Return air tickets
3. Prospective applicants must be from a member country of the IDB, attached to a scientific, academic and/or research institution in their respective countries and meet the following eligibility criteria:
* Aged up to 35 years for Ph.D and up to 40 years for Post-Doctoral research
* Possess M.Sc (for Ph.D study) and Ph.D (for Post-Doctoral research) in science/ technology fields.
* Possess above average academic standing or ‘Very Good’ overall grades
* Having minimum of 2 years experience for Ph.D . study (post Master degree period) and 5 years for Post-Doctoral research (2 years must be at post-Ph.D. period)
* Having proven publications and/or research in science and technology (for Post-Doc)
* Having research proposal in a specific field of study under the Programme directly relevant to country’s development needs.
* Proven proficiency in the language of study/research (medium of instruction)
Completed Application Form with relevant required documents should be submitted to the respective member country’s Office of the IDB Governor or its designated office (and not directly to the IDB Headquarters in Jeddah), by December 31, 2008. Application Form and detailed brochure can be obtained from member country’s Office of the IDB Governor, from the IDB Headquarters or from IDB web site (http://www.isdb.org).
When inquiring, please indicate your age and nationality.
Jeddah, Shawal 1429H / October 2008
Islamic Development Bank, Office of the Scholarship Programme,
P.O. Box 5925, Jeddah 21432, Saudi Arabia
Tel: (966-2) 636-1400; Fax: 636-6871 or 646-6887; Telex: 601 137 ISDB SJ;