For 2018/2019 academic year, applications are open for Italian government scholarships to both foreign and Italian citizens resident abroad (IRE) for studying in Italy. Scholarships are offered to carry out study, training and research projects in Italian Higher Education Institute (State-owned institutions or institutions legally recognised by the relevant State authorities).
The aim of these scholarships is to foster international cultural cooperation, spread the knowledge of the Italian language, culture and science, as well as promote the Italian economic and technological system throughout the world.
Italian Government promote the Italian language and culture abroad, through Italian schools, scholarships and grants for foreign citizens, language courses organised by the Italian Cultural Institutes, and archaeological missions.
Candidates must possess a certificate of intermediate level in Italian (e.g. CILS B2, CELI 3, PLIDA B2 or INT.IT Roma Tre) or equivalent linguistic proficiency issued by a local organization or language school (e.g. Italian Cultural Institute, Dante Alighieri Society branch etc.). It is not required Italian language knowledge for applicants who enroll for university courses held entirely in English.
- Application Deadline: April 30, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are offered to carry out study, training and research projects in Italian Higher Education Institute (State-owned institutions or institutions legally recognized by the relevant State authorities). Courses for which it is possible to apply for a scholarship:
- Second-level University courses (five-year degree/Master of Science) (Laurea specialistica/Laurea Magistrale 2° ciclo)
- Master’s Degree courses (First and Second Level)
- Ph.D Courses
- Specialisation Schools
- Research under academic supervision
- Courses of Higher Education in Arts, Music and Dance (AFAM); Scuola Internazionale di Liuteria di Cremona; Scuola di Alta Formazione e Studio (SAF) of the Istituto Superiore per la Conservazione ed il Restauro (ISCR); Scuola Nazionale di Cinema
- Courses of Italian language and culture
- Training/refresher courses for Teachers of Italian language
- Study Subject: Scholarships are offered over different departments across the University, all offering a diverse range of courses.
- Scholarship Award: Grantees may be exempted from the payment of enrollment and tuition fees depending on the policy of each University.Exemption is not granted for courses in Italian language and culture, for which enrollment fees are due.
HEALTH AND MEDICAL INSURANCE
Grantees will be covered by a health and medical/accident insurance contracted by MAECI for the entire duration of the grant.
Insurance coverage will not apply to events derived from pre-existing physical and pathological conditions.
- TERMS OF GRANT Grantees will receive a 900 Euros monthly allowance on a quarterly basis, which will be paid on their Italian bank account.The first installment of the grant can be received only after the completion of University enrollment and the submission of all the documents requested according to the necessary administrative procedures.The last installment of the grant will be paid only upon verification of satisfactory academic progress. The grant will cover courses attended in Italy only.
- Number of Scholarships: Not Known
- Nationality: Foreign citizens and Italian citizens resident abroad (IRE)
- Scholarship can be taken in Italy
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: Foreign citizens and Italian citizens resident abroad (IRE) can apply for these Italian Government Scholarships.
- Entrance Requirements: Applicants who will meet the following requirements by the deadline of this call (April 30th, 2018) may apply for a grant.2.1 Academic qualificationsApplications must only be submitted by foreign students not residing in Italy and by Italian citizens living abroad (IRE)* holding an appropriate academic qualification required to enroll to the Italian University/Institute. https://studyinitaly.esteri.it/en/Recognition-of-qualification.2.2 Age requirements
Applicants for Master’s Degree/Higher Education in Arts, Music, and Dance (AFAM) Programmes/ Italian Language and Culture Courses should not be over 28 years old by the deadline of this call, with the sole exception of renewals.
Applicants for PhD Programmes should not be over 30 years old by the deadline of this call, with the sole exception of renewals.
Applicants for Research Projects under academic supervision should not be over 40 years old by the deadline of this call.
2.3 Language proficiency
Applicants must provide a certificate of their proficiency in Italian language. The minimum level required is B2 within the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR):
Proof of proficiency in Italian is not required for courses entirely taught in English.
In this case applicants must provide a language certificate of their proficiency in English Language. The minimum level required is B2 within the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).
For Italian language and culture courses, applicants must provide a certificate of their proficiency in Italian language. The minimum level required is A2 within the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR):
- English Language Requirements: It is not required Italian language knowledge for applicants who enroll for university courses held entirely in English.
How to Apply: Applications shall be sent only electronically, by accessing the “Portale borse online” from the MAECI website.