The Energy Technologies Area at Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory invites applications for a distinguished postdoctoral fellowship opportunity in the USA. Applicants of all nationalities are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
The fellowship aims to foster the visionary thinking exemplified by Dr. Rosenfeld, by supporting postdoctoral researchers who can demonstrate a strong research interest and leadership in the area of improving energy efficiency.
The Industrial Technology Research Institute of Taiwan (ITRI) is a nonprofit research and development organization engaging in applied research and technical services. ITRI is committed to developing sustainable energy and environment technologies for a better future.
Course Level: Fellowship is available for pursuing postdoctoral program.
Study Subject: ETA accepts postdoctoral applications from candidates of extraordinary scientific research abilities with a record of superior academic performance, demonstrated research and academic accomplishments in areas related to clean energy and the environment.
Scholarship Award: The selected applicant will serve a two-year term appointment, following a successful evaluation after one year. The fellowship includes a competitive salary and benefits package and a relocation allowance for moves greater than 50 miles from LBNL. The fellowship awardee will also receive an allowance of up to $10,000 per fellowship year to cover expenses for equipment and professional development activities.
Scholarship can be taken in the USA
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for this fellowship:
ETA accepts postdoctoral applications from candidates of extraordinary scientific research abilities with a record of superior academic performance, demonstrated research and academic accomplishments in areas related to clean energy and the environment. Applications are open to candidates of all nationalities.
This year, the committee is strongly encouraging applicants interested in water-energy technologies research.
- Complete all doctoral degree requirements by the fellowship start date (Summer-Fall 2017)
- Have fewer than 3 years of paid postdoctoral experience by the start of the fellowship.
- Identify a potential research mentor (see “How to Apply” section).
- The selected candidate must plan on a full-time, on-site commitment to the fellowship research program for the 2-year fellowship term.
Nationality: Applicants of all nationalities are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Complete all doctoral degree requirements by the fellowship start date (Summer-Fall 2017).
English language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
How to Apply: To apply, follow all 3 steps:
- Identify a research area: Review Topic Areas 1, 2 and 5 on the CERC-WET site, and if you see a good fit with your research, write to the Fellowship Coordinator (ITRI-Rosenfeld-Fellowship-at-lbl.gov) to request information about projects seeking a postdoctoral fellow and to be connected with potential mentors.
- After gaining the support of a mentor, and preferably before October 14, send notification of intent to apply to the Fellowship Coordinator to receive instructions on how to submit the required application materials.
- Complete an application online at LBNL’s Careers website (use “APPLY” button below).
Application Deadline: Applications are due November 1, 2016.