Undergraduate & Postgraduate

The Embassy of Japan is pleased to announce that the Japanese Government
(Monbukagakusho:MEXT) Scholarships for the academic year 2009 is open for application from 17th
March to 11th April 2008. Malaysian nationals who would like to pursue their studies in Japan are
invited to apply for the scholarship. During the term of the scholarship, monthly allowances of
approximately 134,000 yen (approx RM4,288) will be given to undergraduate grantee and 172,000
yen (approx RM5,504) to postgraduate grantee (amount are subject to change). Fees of the entrance
examination, matriculation and tuition at universities will be exempted. A round-trip airplane ticket
is also provided.

There are two (2) categories available under the scholarships:

1. Undergraduate (5 ~ 7 years bachelor degree course from April 2009)
a) Applicants must be between 17 and 22 years of age of 1st April 2009 (i.e. born between
2nd April 1987 and 1st April 1992)
b) Applicants must have completed SPM or O-Level with at least 11 years of formal
education (EXCLUDING REMOVE CLASS). STPM students (lower/upper) and those who
will sit for A-Level, UEC, Matriculation or Diploma examination this year may also apply
(provided the results will be known by March 2009).
c) Applicants must have good command of English with excellent result in other major

2. Postgraduate (1 & 1/2 or 2 years course from April or October 2009)
a) Applicants must be under 35 years of age as of 1st April 2009 (i.e. born on or after 2nd
April 1974)
b) Applicants must be a degree holder (ideally a 1st or 2nd Class Upper Honours Degree)
with 16 years of formal education (EXCLUDING REMOVE CLASS). Undergraduates who
are in the final year at their respective universities are eligible to apply.

Applicants for postgraduate, who are MALAYSIAN CIVIL SERVANTS, must apply through
the Public Service Department of Malaysia (PSD). For further details, please contact PSD
at 03-8885-3432 (Ms. Siti Haslina) or 03-8885-3436 (PA to Ms. Siti Haslina).

Application forms for Undergraduate and Postgraduate can be collected from the Embassy of
Japan or printed out from the Embassy of Japan’s Homepage (www.my.emb-japan.go.jp).
Alternatively, applicants can send Self-Addressed Envelopes pasted with 50-cents stamps
to Japan Information Service, Embassy of Japan, No.11, Persiaran Stonor, Off Jalan Tun Razak,
50450 Kuala Lumpur. Please indicate Undergraduate or Postgraduate at the top
left-hand corner of ALL envelopes. Otherwise, applications WILL NOT be entertained.

Applicants should ensure their duly completed form returned before the deadline.
LATE SUBMISSIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED. For further information, please access
to www.my.emb-japan.go.jp.


, ,

Sponsored Links
Need Scholarship Help? Comment and Discuss.