The Japan International Cooperation Center (JICE) is delighted to offer its Japanese Grant to pursue the doctoral degree program. The grant is available for Sri Lankan Students.
The grant aims at fostering future leaders who have well-understanding of Japan and are capable of decision making and policy analysis/ assessment with broad perspectives based on their advanced knowledge and expertise.
The Japan International Cooperation Center (Nihon Kokusai Center, JICE) is a general foundation. A corporation that is headquartered in Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo and implements Japan’s international cooperation promotion project.
Course Level: Grant is available to pursue doctoral degree programme.
Study Subject: Grant is awarded in the following fields:
- Public Policy and Public Finance, Public Administration, Circular Economics including Development Economics, Business Management, Environment Management/Disaster Management and Climate Change.
Scholarship Award: Grant will cover the following:
- The scholarship grant is equivalent to that of MEXT Scholarships for the Doctoral course.
- The amount of each allowance is equivalent to that of JDS Master’s program.
- Round-trip airfare to Japan.
Number of Scholarships: Not known
Scholarship can be taken in Japan
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Have a citizenship of the Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka.
- Be a JDS Returned Fellow (those completed Master’s course of JDS), or those who completed Master’s course in Japan.
- By the age of 45 and under (as of April 1st, 2018).
- Have returned to and served for the country for a certain year set by his or her organization after completion of Master’s course.
- Belong to the Target Group of JDS and his/ her research theme is relevant to the Development Issues of Sri Lanka.
- In principle, enrol in the same graduate school of the university where he or she obtained a Master’s degree in Japan. Due to some circumstances, enrollment to another graduate school of the University will be also acceptable.
Nationality: Sri Lankan Applicants are eligible to apply for the grant
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have master’s degree.
English Language Requirements: Applicants must have excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply via post:
- Five (5) sets of Application Documents are required. To prepare the sets, you need to distinguish three types of documents. (Original / Certified True Copy / Copy of Original).
- All documents written in the language other than English need notarized English translation (Selftranslation is not acceptable.)
- Use only A4 size paper for all Copy Sets.
- Do not staple the documents but the clip on them.
- Submit a “Letter of Explanation” in case wrong information (e.g. wrong spelling of the name, birthday, etc) is contained in official documents due to administrative errors.
- Make your own extra copy of the Application Documents before submission.
- Applications must be submitted to the Department of External Resources, Ministry of National Policies & Economic Affairs.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is October 6, 2017.