Two John Eales Rugby Excellence Scholarships are awarded annually to students beginning their study at Bond University in the following year, January semester. Australian applicants are eligible to apply.
The goal of the scholarship is to prepare the individual for life beyond rugby with an internationally recognised degree in the discipline of the student’s choice, which is enhanced by the global networks, industry connections, and work experience opportunities for which Bond University is renowned.
As Australia’s first private non-profit university, Bond University seeks to be recognized internationally as a leading independent university, imbued with a spirit to innovate, a commitment to influence and a dedication to inspire tomorrow’s professionals who share a personalised and transformational student experience.
Applicants must meet the academic requirements for selected program.
- Application Deadline: Open June 1, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are available for undergraduate or postgraduate level.
- Study Subject: The successful awardees will commence study at Bond University in the following year, January semester, and spend their rugby season with the Bond University Rugby Club playing in the highest competition in the state of Queensland throughout the duration of their degree.
- Scholarship Award: It includes
- 100% tuition scholarship for any single diploma program, single undergraduate degree, single postgraduate degree (excluding the Bond Medical Program).
- A $10,000 bursary will be awarded as a cash payment and made directly to the scholar’s Bond student account. $10,000 cash bursary per year of study for a maximum of 2 years (or pro-rated for part-time students to a maximum of $20,000).
- The cash bursary may be used as the student wishes, however, it is recommended that it is spent on accommodation, food, sporting equipment, participation in sporting events and training, student activity fees and textbooks. The bursary does not guarantee to cover all living expenses that the student will incur during their time at Bond University.
- Number of Scholarships: Not given
- Nationality: Domestic and International students
- Scholarship can be taken in Australia
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: Domestic and International students can apply for these scholarships.
- Entrance Requirements:
- Australian student eligible to represent Australian Rugby.
- Meet the Academic requirements for selected program.
- Experience playing rugby at a high level.
- Strong leadership skills and community involvement.
- English Language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
How to apply: Applicants can apply online.