The Explosives and Blasting Lab is the explosives section of INGEOMOD (Georesources, Modeling, and Engineering Research Group) at the Technical University of Madrid. Research Lines cover Rock Blasting, Detonation Physics, Explosion Physics, Numerical Modeling and Field Measurements.
The Explosives and Blasting Lab under a European H2020 project SLIM (Sustainable Low Impact Mining solution for exploitation of small mineral deposits based on advanced rock blasting and environmental technologies) invite applications for
Doctoral candidate or postdoctoral position for a fix-term to 4 years employment, actual salary depending on previous professional experience in relevant fields.
• Research in the field of rock blasting, fragmentation, and modelling
• Experimental work, on-site conditions
• Participation in teaching (up to 5% of the annual working time)
• MSc or MEng in Mining, Geology or related fields
• Excellent academic credentials
• Good in English
• Willingness to work in international projects
• Willingness to teamwork and dedication
Additional requirements. Positively valued will be:
• Experience in research
• Experience in using numerical codes like LS-DYNA or ANSYS
• Early stage researcher or 0-4 years (Post – Graduate)
• Experienced researcher or 4-10 years (Post-Doc)
• First Stage Researcher (R1)
• Recognized Researcher (R2)
Starting date: from January 2017. The vacancy will be closed as soon as we find the right candidate.
How to Apply: Interested candidates should submit their Curriculum Vitae (including contact information for two references) and a one-page statement of their research objectives to ja.sanchidrian-at-upm.es.