The Kaduna State Government is inviting applications for Kashim Ibrahim Fellows Programme commencing in June 2018. This is fully funded fellowship programme available for young Nigerians.
The one-year programme aims to create a network of high potential young Nigerians who are expected to rise to top leadership positions in the public sector and other spheres of activity over the next decade.
The programme’s objective is to develop and nurture leadership ability across Nigeria, with a specific focus on the promising leaders of the future. The one-year programme aims to create a network of high potential young Nigerians who are expected to rise to top leadership positions in the public sector and other spheres of activity over the next decade.
- Application Deadline: March 20, 2018
- Course Level: This is a yearlong fellowship programme.
- Study Subject: Fellows responsibilities would range from supporting public service delivery, interagency meetings and designing and implementing state government policies, to drafting speeches for government principals to representing their agencies outside Kaduna State. Fellows’ assignments demand a capacity for quick learning and a willingness to work hard, often on issues outside of their area of expertise.
- Scholarship Award: Fellows will receive salary and benefits equivalent to that of a Special Assistant to the Governor from the Ministry, Department or Agency for which they work. Kashim Ibrahim Fellows cannot receive compensation from any other source during their year of government service. Additionally, accommodation will be provided throughout the course of the programme.
- Nationality: Nigerian citizens
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in Nigeria
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: Nigerian citizens are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Entrance Requirements: To be eligible as a Kashim Ibrahim Fellow, applicants must demonstrate a public interest orientation.
Selection Criteria Include:
- Diversity: The programme will admit sixteen (16) Fellows representing diverse ethnic, religious, and gender backgrounds, with varied educational, economic, and geographic experiences; working from all angles and with different perspectives to strengthen their communities and civic life.
- An established record of integrity and exemplary achievement.
- Commitment to engaging in crucial issues and to making a difference at the national or international level.
- The promise of a future career of leadership and notable impact.
- Special capacity for critical, creative, entrepreneurial, and strategic thinking.
- Commitment to a rigorous programme of activities, to full-time residence in Kaduna for the entire duration of the programme.
- Fellowships are available for individuals who are working to solve important public problems in creative and powerful ways.
- Proficiency in English: Fellows must be fluent in spoken and written English as all programmes will be conducted in English.
- Applicants must be Nigerian citizens between 25 to 35 years of age.
- Applicants must be graduates of a recognized university and must have completed the mandatory national youth service.
English Language Requirements: Proficiency in English: Fellows must be fluent in spoken and written English as all programmes will be conducted in English.
How to Apply:
- Please note that application for admission to the Kashim Ibrahim Fellows Programme is entirely an online process. There are no paper forms to complete or mail.
- There is no application fee or any cost to apply.
- Prior to the deadline of 20th March 2018, you may work on your application at any time and submit it when you are ready. After creating an account and accessing the online application, you can upload materials and request your letters of recommendation.
- Applicants are required to submit a Résumé/Curriculum Vitae (maximum 3 pages), two letters of recommendation and an essay on the change and leadership in Nigeria (maximum 1000 words).
- The most important criterion is to have a real commitment to put your new leadership skills to use to benefit your community, State, and Nigeria upon the successful completion of the programme.