The Karlstad University is offering Global Scholarship programme to study masters degree programme. Scholarships are open to students from countries outside the European Union/European Economic Area (and Switzerland) are eligible to apply for these scholarships.
The Karlstad University Global Scholarship programme is aiming at top academic students from countries outside the European Union/European Economic Area (and Switzerland) who are required to pay tuition fees for studies.
Karlstad University has consolidated its position as a mid-sized and innovative higher education institution with stable and controlled growth. The University is internationally acknowledged in several research fields and is, in addition, at the forefront of some. There are at least eight strong/excellent research groups of international excellence and of great importance to other research environments.
Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue Master degree programme.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to learn any of the subjects offered by the university.
Scholarship Award: Scholarships cover 25%, 50%, 75% or 100% of the tuition fees. The value of the scholarship is stated in the notification of scholarship for each scholarship holder. The scholarship value is deducted from the tuition fees of the programme for which you are awarded a scholarship. Please note that the Karlstad University Global Scholarships do not cover living costs. To be able to finance your stay in Sweden and get a residence permit for studies you need to show that you have funds for the total study period the first time you apply for a residence permit. For further information contact the Swedish Migration Board.
Scholarship can be taken in the Sweden
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- This scholarship is intended students from countries outside the European Union/European Economic Area (and Switzerland) who are required to pay tuition fees for studies commencing after June 2011.
- The scholarship programme is not open for students from the following 12 countries: Bangladesh, Bolivia, Burkina Faso, Cambodia, Ethiopia, Kenya, Mali, Mozambique, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia.
You are not eligible for this scholarship if any of the following is true:
- You have already lived in Sweden for two years or more when the scholarship period is due to begin.
- You have a Swedish permanent residence permit or a work permit.
- You hold a scholarship for studies from Swedish Institute or from a Swedish university/university college.
- You already hold a master’s degree from a Swedish university/university college.
Nationality: Students from countries outside the European Union/European Economic Area (and Switzerland) are eligible to apply for these scholarships. This scholarship programme is not open for students from the following 12 countries: Bangladesh, Bolivia, Burkina Faso, Cambodia, Ethiopia, Kenya, Mali, Mozambique, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Scholarship holders must pass at least 75% of their courses during the first academic year in order to be able to reapply for a scholarship the following academic year.
English language Requirements: Most of the courses and programmes that we offer are taught in Swedish. However, an increasing number of courses and master’s programmes are being taught in English.
The courses and programmes taught in English may either be courses within the regular programmes of instruction or they may be specifically designed for students to provide an introduction to various aspects of Sweden.
Language Requirements for Education Conducted in English
For courses taught in English, a good knowledge of English is required. Non-native speakers of English may be required to document their knowledge of English.
How to Apply: A printed and signed scholarship application form, together with supporting documents should be sent to Karlstad University, International Office, 651 88 Karlstad, Sweden. The application needs to be received 1 February 2017 the latest. Late applications will not be considered. You must apply for studies at Karlstad University before applying for the scholarship.
- Curriculum vitae (CV), maximum 2 page
- Your curriculum vitae (CV) must include personal data and your education background. Please also include relevant employment history and extracurricular activities.
- Personal motivation letter, maximum 500 words
Application Deadline: Scholarship application deadline is February 1, 2017.